BBC Documentary

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 14 December 2017 10.11am
Hello all,

Hope you don't mind me posting this on here - I work at the BBC and we are looking for people in the SE1 area to take part in a documentary we are producing about London's fatbergs. At this early stage I'd love to speak with people living in the SE1 area and see if they'd be up for taking part so please see flyer below and get in contact. Thanks!

BBC Studios Science Unit is making a documentary exploring the hidden monsters clogging up our sewers – fatbergs! These structures, made of fat, wet wipes and other waste, clog up sewers and cause havoc in our water systems.

We need you! We are looking for people to come to our studio and see exactly what’s happening down their drains.

Filming will take place in late December and early January. For more details please contact simon.lee01@bbc.co.uk or 07734 978805

Best wishes

Simon
Sunday 17 December 2017 8.45am
Thames Water have been visiting St George's Circus area. They told me they have found the biggest fatburg to date. It is longer and heavier than the 130tonne one found in East London last year, which is the biggest to date. Apparently tfl are not giving Thames water permission to remove it until January.....
It could take them a few months to remove, so if you live in the area, you might want to invest in a gas mask...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network