London Bridge Station - Tooley Street entrance

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5
Thursday 4 January 2018 1.30pm
suziq wrote:
I'm beginning to suspect it won't reopen to Eastbound traffic. The number of roads in SE1 which are either closed or made one-way during building works that have never been reopened is growing constantly. Also, I seem to remember a post on here a while back about a dedicated cycle lane being installed in Tooley Street, in which case perhaps it was always the intention to retain one-way traffic. I could very well be wrong on this point though.

I think the cycle lane proposal was for Tooley Street east of Tower Bridge Road. The original notices about the closure of Tooley Street eastbound referred to reopening in May or June 2018. (Which I think is about when the station becomes fully operational with Thameslink services running through again.)

But what is happening to St Thomas Street? They laid it out with the new traffic signs and road markings (two-way traffic to west of the new station entrance, westbound only east of the entrance), but never reopened the eastern stretch, then allowed someone to dig a trench down the middle obliterating the road markings, and it's still closed. The western end is a dead end with inadequate space for turning traffic, and closed off whenever the contractors on the adjacent building site feel like it. Presumably nothing to do with the railway works since they finished the south side of the station ages ago.
Thursday 4 January 2018 1.50pm
OK - gotcha! Thanks for clarifying. I wondered about St Thomas Street as well.
Thursday 1 February 2018 1.28pm
goldry wrote:
Do we have any idea what retail etc are planning on opening?
It does look great

This was in Comptoir Group's trading update earlier today:

The Company opened two new Comptoir Libanais sites and one Shawa in the second half of 2017, together with the opening of a first international franchise operation in the Netherlands with HMS Host. The Company ended the year with 26 restaurants, with a further 3 franchise restaurants. The Company is on course to open two more restaurants in 2018 - Comptoir Birmingham (H1'2018) and Comptoir London Bridge (H2' 2018).[u][/u]
Thursday 1 February 2018 2.14pm
In the tunnel between the overground concourse and the underground there are two glowing Hamleys signs. Toy time!
Thursday 1 February 2018 5.40pm
Comptoir libanais and hamleys? Thatís a strange one but sounds good. Any other news or rumours?
Thursday 1 February 2018 8.11pm
Neal's Yard Remedies, according to their website "coming soon" to "Unit SU04, Western Arcade
London Bridge Station".
Thursday 1 February 2018 10.11pm
Bobs lobster was also meant to be opening in the arches on st thomas street but not heard anything on that for a while.
Friday 2 February 2018 9.27am
I would name one if I was allowed to, but the client says no.
Friday 2 February 2018 1.57pm
boroughbloke wrote:
I would name one if I was allowed to, but the client says no.

Gosh! Are we supposed to be impressed?
I won't hold my breath....
Friday 2 February 2018 2.16pm
Is it something good?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network