London Bridge Station - Tooley Street entrance

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Friday 2 February 2018 4.33pm
I really wouldn't. Worth noting, though, that there are serious issues with water penetration in the Victorian brick vaults that means the unit in question (and others) may not be opening for some time. Just a walk through the arcade will show the sheer amount of plastic sheeting and guttering that has been installed to intercept the ingress. I think Network Rail are pretty clueless as to how to stop it whilst maintaining the vision of seeing the original brickwork.
Friday 2 February 2018 5.19pm
The stretch from the lift to the exit gates is particularly disgusting, as it is lined with buckets and the stained 'pillows' they are using to absorb the leaks. Laudable to maintain a view of the original brickwork, some of which is amazing, but how many people appreciate it? It may be best to cover it with corrugated sheeting to direct the water towards drains - if possible?
Friday 2 February 2018 6.04pm
I wonder if Tiger or Suck UK will be interested. Maybe a good location to catch the emergency present purchaser.
Tuesday 6 February 2018 3.05pm
WHSmith are opening a bookshop (like the one at Euston - not a standard WHS store)

Also opening:

Honest Burgers
Black Sheep Coffee
FCB Coffee

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 6 February 2018 4.06pm
I see Balck Sheep are also opening a store on Southwark St, opposite Pret. About time this area had a coffee shop ;-)
Tuesday 6 February 2018 6.39pm
Honest burgers will be a nice addition but suprised as they Have one at borough which is pretty close.
Thursday 8 February 2018 2.47pm
Cath Kidston too (according to Team London Bridge)
Thursday 8 February 2018 3.56pm
Billy1 wrote:
Honest burgers will be a nice addition but suprised as they Have one at borough which is pretty close.

Stations tend to be self-contained as sites. People eating outside the station are unlikely to go and eat in it. People eating in it will be very unlikely to venture out of it.
Wednesday 14 February 2018 2.39pm
So ted baker has been announced along with Mac makeup ,Rituals and the body shop. All good brands
Wednesday 14 February 2018 5.21pm
Billy1 wrote:
So ted baker has been announced along with Mac makeup ,Rituals and the body shop. All good brands

'Good' brands? What do you mean by that? More chains which can afford the rents certainly, but what would 'bad' brands be?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network