74-84 Long Lane Tower Development

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Tuesday 23 January 2018 12.49pm
Not got a soap box. I continue to support the proposal 100%.
Wednesday 9 May 2018 8.29am
Looks like a 10-storey hotel and office scheme is now on the cards for this site:

https://www.facebook.com/ShojinProperty/photos/a.1163539560351308.1073741828.1145112072194057/1749694661735792/?type=3&theater

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 9 May 2018 10.11am
italianinborough wrote:
Boroughbloke,
I don't for a minute expect to dissuade you from making ill-informed comments, as I can see you are the top ranking keyboard warrior on this Forum.
[u][/u]
But I do wish to point out a few things - mainly to give my support to all those who are making an effort to remind the planning team of their responsibilities, and to raise awareness amongst locals.

You don't know your Compass Rose. Empire Square will never cast a shadow on the proposed new development - not until the earth's orbit and rotation pattern change significantly.

The Empire Square tower casts shadow on the remaining Empire Square development only and they were built concurrently; one would have had a choice when considering buying or renting property in the development. Its distance from existing properties is about 5 times that of the development in question.

There are rules, written by Southward planners in line with government policy, regarding vicinity, loss of sunlight and and loss of daylight. I can lend you copies of all planning tools / guidelines publications. All we want is for Southward to respect these. The existing building is three storey high, not 15. We do not object new developments, but they should follow good planning guidelines.

The reason the proposed new development is now tapering away slightly from the boundary of Empire Square is because of our direct action - if you check the first issue elevations and plans visible on the planning portal, you will see that it didn't taper at all. I can lend you the 3D visualisations that we prepared and that exposed the scam at the recent consultations, so you can see for yourself the before & after effect of our efforts.
But it's still not enough and it still breaks the rules.

This monstrosity would not affect me particularly, but I would like you to be the one who explains in person to the single mother with two kids in one ground floor apartment, and the wheelchair bound lady next door, both with just two windows facing into the eastern empire square boundary,why it is acceptable that their view of a 3 meters perimeter wall adorned with green leafs (belonging to the old rugs factory) with daylight aplenty coming from above, will be replaced with a 45 meters tall wall which will negate any daylight other than what can sneak through a long, dark alley.

Over to you, we are bracing ourselves for further soap-box deliveries.

Ahem
Wednesday 9 May 2018 10.55am
Thank you James Hatt for alerting the neighbourhood.

This is very good news, for all those like me who objected to the proposed use, the height and massing, and daylight loss implications of the initial proposal (15 storey co-living).

I looked into the new proposal:
a) change of proposed use... perfect.
b) massing and height... perfect, Southwark are still questioning the 10 storey proposal and have a number of reservations.
c) Daylight and sunlight loss: excellent, already we managed to put additional distance between the neighbouring wall and the development by exposing the scam by means of isometric views indicating the REAL vicinity and loss of light: now its height is going down from 15 to 10 floors, and Southwark are questioning a number of associated factors.

So far so good... let's keep up the good work.
Thursday 13 September 2018 6.36am
It would seem, judging from the Southwark council website, that the application for this development has now been withdrawn by the original applicant......good news for the residents on that side of Empire Square !
Thursday 13 September 2018 9.29am
boroughmark wrote:

Thank you for alerting us, that's really good news in my opinion.

Let's see what they come up with next.
Thursday 13 September 2018 9.30am
VERY good news! Thank you for the alert.

Let's see what the site owners come up with next...
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network