Virgin Media & Internet

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 14 January 2018 12.14am
Anyone else with Virgin in the area?

I'm on Bermondsey Street, the speeds have been so slow for a week or two (despite paying for 200mb) and constantly dropping connection. Virgin says it isn't anything but there is clearly an issue. Anyone else having problems in the area? Any other recommendations for providers? Is SE1 just a slow area?
Sunday 14 January 2018 2.29pm
Blackfriars Road, VIVID 150.

Sunday 14 January 2018 7.07pm
We had VM for 5-6 years, VIVID 100 more than a year ago. They replaced the router in October and started our torture... I tried to communicate with them on phone, on their community forum and Twitter but I couldn't jump through the first hedge: restart your router, move your router closer/further, etc. type stupid customer service behaviour...
I remember one chapter: they said no issues in our area, finally booked an engineer (waiting 4 days), after two days I got a message about we detected issues in your area, fixed and cancelled your engineer visit, if you still have issue please report/contact us...
The farewell was same painful, they lied about no fibre in our area and we can't get good internet connection from other company, etc.
After three weeks I gave up and switched to EE. Speed is 78/20Mbps and 5ms latency... We missed their 70 discount but got 50 with Quidco. We didn't have phone line before and 5 engineers visited us till started up the new connection but it was BT/Openreach issues. The EE customer service was brilliant, any time I called them they gave us a gift to compensate our issues: 5GB extra data to my phone, 20 discount from our first bill, etc.

Our torture's technical details on the VM community forum: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Hub-3-0-no-internet-after-a-while/m-p/3557160

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network