RV1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Saturday 3 February 2018 3.25pm
Have TFL in reducing the number of buses on this route, properly taken into account that the current reduced service, the works around London Bridge station and the closure of Tooley Street bus stops have affected the number of people using the route?

To reduce this route further is extremely unhelpful.

The route is extremely popular with tourists and Londoners alike, and has not been easy to use since its diversion.

The route makes it very easy to get to St Thomases hospital from this side of London.

It also serves the South Bank into Covent Garden, and I believe that users would return to 2014/15 numbers, if not increase, especially when London Bridge station fully opens.
Sunday 4 February 2018 10.11am
Absolutely true. A cynical time to use skewed statistics, just as Tooley Street reopens.
Sunday 4 February 2018 2.59pm
Agree absolutely. They should disaggregate the numbers. It is true it is sometimes nearly empty but at other times, midday in the summer, it is packed so people have to stand.
Monday 5 February 2018 3.16pm
Of course the usage of RV1 has reduced because the service has greatly deteriorated due to the Tooley St works. This does not mean that there is less demand, just that the changes are not convenient for users. If the frequency of service is halved then the usage will again go down and tfl maybe will make a case for cancelling the route. Surely it would be sensible to postpone the proposed cuts until the route has been normalised and then review the usage. To whom can representation be made?
Monday 5 February 2018 6.40pm
That's really bad, this is the only route that serves Southwark/Waterloo and the west end. Having said that, I thought trains were already taking longer than 12 minutes!!
Zoe
Monday 5 February 2018 10.40pm
Shall we start a petition about it?
Tuesday 6 February 2018 1.22am
How does one start a petition and advertise it ?
Tuesday 6 February 2018 11.29am
I guess they think it is a touristic route and tourists have plenty of time on their hands to wait for buses.
Remember the time, over 10 years ago, some of us on the forum went for a bus ride with badges saying "I love RV1" and handed cakes to passengers?
Tuesday 6 February 2018 2.33pm
This is such a poor decision - from 4.30 - 6.30 and later, it is crammed from the Hop Exchange onwards to Covent Garden with tourists and commuters. There is no other direct route from London Bridge to Covent Garden and that part of Londn; it is convenient and dare I say it, reliable. Why don't they drop the regularity in, say, the middle of the day and increase it again in rush hours? Please use a little imagination TfL.
Tuesday 6 February 2018 5.12pm
Maybe more people would use it if it didn't have such a convoluted route??
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network