RV1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Thursday 15 February 2018 8.49am
Zoe, we've started a petition to be handed to the Mayor of London at: https://t.co/1XXVMXaxHz

Please sign and share it. Thanks
Monday 26 February 2018 1.22pm
Sort of related: I just came across something about a trial mini-bus route being operated by City Mapper, covering some of the RV1 route. It's a bit of an oddity but might be of interest.

https://citymapper.com/news/1800/introducing-the-citymapper-smartbus
Monday 26 February 2018 3.11pm
That Citymapper bus was last year; they've now moved away from vehicles operated under the buses regulatory framework to smaller vehicles (think a minibus or large taxi)

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 26 February 2018 7.15pm
Oh whoops. Sorry, that was daft of me.
Wednesday 28 February 2018 11.07am
James Hatts wrote:
stxmld wrote:
Maybe more people would use it if it didn't have such a convoluted route??
The convoluted route is the whole point of the RV1 - serving Belvedere Road and Upper Ground which otherwise don't have a bus service.

Originally it took a detour off Southwark Street to pass closer to Tate Modern, too.

Part of the aim was to provide near door-to-door access to the various attractions of the South Bank and Bankside which were otherwise best reached on foot.

I see your point, but there are many streets which do not have bus services, which is not a big problem as adjacent streets do have them. I fail to see why Upper Ground etc are any different in this respect.
Wednesday 28 February 2018 11.18am
The point is that some of the nationís most significant cultural venues and most popular attractions are located on Upper Ground and Belvedere Road

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 2 March 2018 11.22am
My suggestion would be that the route loops from Tower Hill to London Eye and not bother with Covent Garden. Frequency should be minimum every 15mins but preferably 10. The RV really is the Rolls-Royce of buses
Wednesday 14 March 2018 9.47am
I'm not sure who at TfL thought it was a good idea to divert the RV1, 381 and 47 buses back to their original Tooley Street route while London Bridge is closed. Surely it would have made more sense to keep the current diversions via Great Dover Street and Tower Bridge Road until London Bridge had reopened? The congestion in Tooley Street at the Tower Bridge turn-off is appalling. The RV1 just sits there trying to get onto the bridge and the 381 and 47 buses just sit there behind the queue because they can't get round it. Given the added congestion caused by the London Bridge closure, adding three bus routes into the mix is barking!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network