The Cut roadworks

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 6 February 2018 10.28pm
Anyone know what these roadworks outside Anchor n Hope pub bistro area about?
Huge disruption and drivers etc getting agitated... There's no sign indicating any contact and no sorry for any inconveniences messages a c

Cotswolds 12
Thursday 8 February 2018 3.08pm
It is planned electrical work for the National Grid
Sunday 11 February 2018 11.43am
I suspect it is the second phase of the electricity supply from Bankside to Southbank avoiding Roupel Street. I was told by an engineer working on the first phase to expect the same disruption on Hatfields again in a few weeks and here it is.
Official no parking signs were put up about a month ago telling us not to park in Hatfields for a fortnight and were then removed during the first week and no workings. Now it looks like there will be no signs but disruptive work to come soon.
Sunday 11 February 2018 2.20pm
Thanks... I was told was Gas utilities transfers due to complete 19th Feb.. No signage is strange though.
Sunday 11 February 2018 5.09pm
always annoys me that some people seem to think they dont have to "obey" temporary traffic lights . Very annoying listening to the constant beeping of horns and shouting as people just blatantly drive through a red light and then get stuck as cars come the other way .....
Zoe
Sunday 11 February 2018 10.02pm
I never saw the no parking signs on Hatfields and I would very likely have noticed. I donít think they were up for long
Monday 12 February 2018 1.31am
Zoe, surely you noticed there were no cars parked on the residents' bays for about 4 or 5 days. I parked in Ufford Street and Mitre Road for that week.

Lambeth Council knew nothing about the no parking signage and it seems it was they who had the signs removed earlier than the original indication

Advance warning had been given to us by a typed note stuck on our entrance doors, not on lamp-posts as is usual.
Tuesday 13 February 2018 4.28pm
It seems I was wrong in my first post for the reason The Cut was being dug up again so soon and to be progressed into Hatfields. I apologise.
The parking debacle was true.
Wednesday 14 February 2018 5.02pm
To continue.
I may be wrong again because the works have now entered Hatfields on the eastern side which will proove to be an inconvenience to the residents of Styles House.
Again no notification and no official notices just haphazardly placed cones along Hatfields on official resident and business parking spaces.
It would appear that the disruptive company involved is a law unto itself and neither Southwark or Lambeth do anything. Doing nothing might be a part of a money saving exercise.
Austerity is now on the street where you live
Zoe
Wednesday 14 February 2018 8.14pm
Yes, it is an annoyance, you are quite right. I was very cold waiting tonight on my bike!

Iím not sure this is austerity though, I think itís the usual arrogance of companies who get away with anything.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network