2 month short term let in SE1. Where to look?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 11 February 2018 10.37pm
Hi everyone,
My mother in law is looking at the idea of spending May and June in SE1.
Does anyone have any ideas about where to look for a flat for just two months (other than the obvious AirBnB)?
Thanks for any ideas...

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 12 February 2018 9.51am
Morning Ivanhoe, I will send you a PM
Monday 12 February 2018 11.46am
Very helpful, thanks, bmovie.
All other ideas most welcome....

Tuesday 13 February 2018 12.00pm
Could she perhaps run to 90 nights, to comply with the new short let curbs? If so I have a 1 bed just off Southwark Bridge Road that might be well suited. James
Tuesday 13 February 2018 7.57pm
Hello Ivanhoe,

I would be very pleased to offer your Mother accommodation for 2 months or so.

I am an owner of a 1 bed apartment in Bermondsey, just 5 minutes from the Thames Path and overlooking the River Thames.

I have been renting out our apartment for a about 5 years and have about 60 reviews from guests. I would also offer the apartment at a very competitive price.

I can send you comprehensive details and photographs if you let me know your email address so we
can discuss it further.

I am sure your Mum would be more than happy with the apartment and it's central location.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Wishes, Jan
Wednesday 14 February 2018 10.58am
Thanks, Jan and Boroman. Really appreciate your posts.
I need to find out my mother-in-law's intended dates, and how serious she is about it, but when/if I get those then hopefully I'll be back in touch.
All the best for now...

Wednesday 14 February 2018 11.10am
Cheers Ivanhoe. I too have happily run my flat as a holiday let on and off for five years in between my own use, and with no known disruption to the neighbours.

That's probably because I prefer more mature visitors, limit occupancy to three people and don't take hotel type overnight stays. Four nights minimum in summer, three months at other times.
Wednesday 14 February 2018 8.26pm
Ivanhoe, you can contact me on janaxis@gmail.com.
Many thanks, Jan

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network