Milkman SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 12 February 2018 4.32pm
Hi all

We're interested in getting our milk delivered by a local milkman (as part of trying to be a bit more eco and source locally) and I wondered whether anyone on here can recommend a good one? We're on Grange Walk, Bermondsey.

Cheers
Tuesday 13 February 2018 11.36am
Hi TG

There was a milkman who used to go up Ayers street. If I remember it was an old milk float but it was a company called Milk and More. Not sure if there is anything local anymore.

Best

Chloe
Tuesday 13 February 2018 12.04pm
Great, will look into it. Cheers Chloe
Tuesday 13 February 2018 2.05pm
Yes. We are also on Grange Walk and just started using Milk and more and they seem good so far. They are a large outfit but they collect and reuse the glass bottles so that should be better than buying milk in plastic.
Tuesday 13 February 2018 2.34pm
Thanks for that phuduhudu - good to know they're still in the area!
Wednesday 14 February 2018 5.15am
'Dairy operatives' surely in these more pc times?
Wednesday 14 February 2018 9.59am
I suppose you're right. Or "milkperson" at the very least.
Wednesday 14 February 2018 11.58am
Lacks the charm of Milkman though, doesn't it? As a milk monitor (remember them?) at school, I have many a memory of rolling the empties down the long drive toward the entrance of our junior school.
Wednesday 14 February 2018 12.50pm
I signed up for milk deliveries via Milkandmore and am near Grange Rd, the website says the milkman (their word) is Malcolm.

It's gone well so far and I've added bread, vegetable boxes and juice to my regular deliveries, all good quality and only very slightly higher prices than Tesco for a lot of convenience.

They drop off around 5am so I will invest in their 3.99 cool bag to keep their deliveries cool in the summer...
Wednesday 14 February 2018 12.51pm
Really helpful, thanks Colinio.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network