Cigarette Litter

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 24 February 2018 7.39pm
Pass any pub in SE1 and you will find piles of fag ends on the street. Complain to Southwark Council & nothing happens. Is this the new norm?
Saturday 24 February 2018 8.23pm
Not new. Itís always been this way. Donít blame the council. Blame the selfish smokers.
Sunday 25 February 2018 2.31pm
It hasn't always been this way, they used to smoke inside the pub. Now the, not so selfish, smokers are castigated for creating litter outside pubs.
Smokers, people that feed pigeons.....who's next?
Monday 26 February 2018 8.53am
I know they used to smoke inside (and also outside in summer). That made them even more selfish, not less. The scourge of fag ends on our streets is a direct result of smokers' selfish belief that they have a god given right to flick ash and throw butts whenever and wherever they please. Anywhere on the street, anywhere in a park, on a beach, over my garden wall. They also feel free to do things like blow their second hand fumes sideways at me so it doesn't blow back into their own face.

You may appreciate these things. If you do then feel free to clean up their mess at your expense, not mine.
Monday 26 February 2018 11.25am
Wouldn't it be down to the pub to keep the area clean outside their premises?
Monday 26 February 2018 12.05pm
Agreed, Pops. Personally, I always put them out on the metal thingy on top of the bin and put the extinguished fag end in the bin - simples. Ash does admittedly go onto the pavement, but then so, too, does chewing gum, dog poo, particles from exhausts, sandwich wrappers, etc. Not about to get into the ex smoker-type debate that I can see might be coming!
Thursday 1 March 2018 4.27pm
boroughonian wrote:
Smokers, people that feed pigeons.....who's next?

Trolls
Thursday 1 March 2018 7.56pm
Unfortunately it is almost impossible to buy plain, unfiltered cigarettes these days.

Shame, because their butts are 100% biodegradable.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network