District Heating Keeps Going Off In Winter

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 27 February 2018 7.45pm
We have district heating services unfortunately. Currently at these freezing weathers of -3 in Southwark, twice in one week we got an electronic call stating, we are aware there are no heating to your blocks or hot water, we are trying to repair it. It went off in mid of night and didnt come on again until around 12 mid day. It was freezing. My friend said that southwark should offer a convector heater since this keeps happening. This district heating problem has been going on for years, and when I complained to the housing officer I just get the usual excuses. I think the boiler controls many estates around where I live. We have no explanation of why it keeps breaking down. Been told only entitle to compensation if its off more then 24hrs, in the mean time we are all expected to freeze. We pay services charges on top for these services.
Wednesday 28 February 2018 1.41pm
Raise a complaint directly with them, they wont see your issue on here!
Thursday 1 March 2018 8.03pm
I have done already but it gets no where. I just placed here to see if anyone else has same problems
Thursday 1 March 2018 10.37pm
Ladywriter1968 wrote:
I have done already but it gets no where. I just placed here to see if anyone else has same problems

This state of affairs it totally unacceptable: I would suggest contacting your LBS councilors, and getting your neighbours to do the same.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network