Snow - postal deliveries and refuse collections

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 1 March 2018 12.37pm
Have not seen the postman/woman for two days and no refuse collection either, is this really just because of the snow?
Thursday 1 March 2018 2.20pm
According to the Royal Mail website:

Southwark Delivery Office (SE1) - Deliveries suspended, Customer Service Point is open until 17:00.
Thursday 1 March 2018 3.19pm
We had a delivery in OKR today, so there is some post going out.
Thursday 1 March 2018 8.04pm
I had delivery today from Amazon
Monday 5 March 2018 6.42pm
The last postal delivery I had was a week ago and I was hoping to get a delivery today as I am waiting for stuff. My street was in lock down for a week when the London Bridge/Borough Market terrorist attack happened and we didn't get any post then but when it did resume I was missing letters which never did arrive. Goodness knows what happened to them. One was a cheque from a win on a Premium Bond which was never cashed and never returned to the sender - I was told this recently when I spoke to NS&I on a different matter.
Monday 5 March 2018 8.43pm
Will you get the cheque resent, was it a big win? I feel you have left this story in suspense!
Tuesday 6 March 2018 12.52am
Zoe wrote:
Will you get the cheque resent, was it a big win? I feel you have left this story in suspense!

Hahaha. When I was speaking to the NS&I (re: going paperless) they told me that they could see there was an uncashed cheque - they were going to cancel it as it was dated over 6 months anyway and will be paying the win into my bank account, which was the gist of the call in the first place. Alas, 25 is not a huge sum but it's a pony more than I had and certainly better than a kick up the jacksy! This makes one wonder; how many uncashed cheques are lurking in a black hole somewhere? It's worth checking your Premium Bonds numbers occasionally.
Tuesday 6 March 2018 9.59pm
I posted two packages in Havant, one to SE1 and one to Ipswich. The Ipswich parcel has been received, the SE1 parcel has not. Both were posted first class on 28 February so really should have beaten the snow.
Wednesday 7 March 2018 8.59pm
The package has finally arrived.
Wednesday 7 March 2018 10.21pm
I had a parcel sent out on 26th Feb and it still hasn't turned up. I don't have time to go down Mandela Way and see if it's there. I'm not surprised Amazon is such a success. All my orders from them arrived on time, despite the weather - and by good natured couriers who are not scared by a bit of snow. In fact, it seems every other organisation worked through it, otherwise we'd have had no ambulance, police and fire brigade. And I still got the pizza leaflets through the door too!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network