Southwark Playhouse

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 12 March 2018 6.03pm
So the Southwark playhouse is definitely returning to London Bridge in a new venue early next year.
Monday 12 March 2018 7.01pm
In the site of the previous venue, if I understand correctly.
Tuesday 13 March 2018 5.06pm
I read somewhere they were going to Uncle, the new tower in Elephant. There is a space at the basement (or ground floor?) specifically designed to be a small theatre.
Tuesday 13 March 2018 8.10pm
I believe they are going to operate from two sites - both London Bridge and the new theatre in Elephant? I'll be sad to see them move from their current location though I must admit.
Wednesday 14 March 2018 11.00am
I'll be sad as well, it was starting to be a destination, estate agencies even had a name for it (SOBO...), with the PlayHouse, Mercato Metropolitano, etc.
When they will all go in a year or two, there'll be thousands of new flats and residents, but no entertainment :(
Wednesday 14 March 2018 7.18pm
MarcoC wrote:
I'll be sad as well, it was starting to be a destination, estate agencies even had a name for it (SOBO...), with the PlayHouse, Mercato Metropolitano, etc.
When they will all go in a year or two, there'll be thousands of new flats and residents, but no entertainment :(

Also leaving, will be the Ministry of Sound, on the other side of the railway bridge: the site owners will be demolishing all buildings in that parcel of land and erecting blocks of flats in their place.
Thursday 15 March 2018 12.43pm
MarcoC wrote:
estate agencies even had a name for it (SOBO...),
A little bit of sick came into my mouth when I read this.

Please can no-one with any sense indulge the estate agents and their 'creative' place naming habits.
Thursday 15 March 2018 5.12pm
PeteStaples wrote:
MarcoC wrote:

Please can no-one with any sense indulge the estate agents and their 'creative' place naming habits.

I find it extremely entertaining. By the way is Camberwell part of SOBO? It is south of Borough after all
Thursday 15 March 2018 7.02pm
PeteStaples wrote:
MarcoC wrote:

I know how you feel, I got a pain in the Newingtons.
Friday 16 March 2018 12.00am
My understanding is the Ministry of Sound is staying. After all the hoo hah with Peabody pulling out of a joint move venture. That is why that enormous block of flats next to it has been triple glazed?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network