Minstry of Sound members' club

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 14 March 2018 2.58pm
I was really surprised to read in the Evening Standard today that the Ministry of Sound was opening a private members club on Borough Road...
James, do you have more info on that?

https://www.standard.co.uk/business/ministry-of-sound-to-open-private-members-club-in-southwark-a3789516.html
Wednesday 14 March 2018 4.57pm
It's in the former Letts diaries building (not a dairy, as the Evening Standard said). More recently used by IpsosMORI.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 15 March 2018 2.50pm
Reading the press release, it sounds awful. "CEOs and business owners are Ministry people now" (vomit).

But then as a former employee I am probably biased.
Tuesday 3 April 2018 11.31am
As someone who works in Film & TV and is the type of person these types of places are supposed to be for - there is just so much choice now and reading the Evening Standard piece, I struggle to see what this new venture brings to differentiate it from the choice out there already - which are all too expensive for what they are and all too similar. You can't get into talks or screenings, they try and get more and more money out of members over and above their fees. This also sounds like a co-working space rather than a membership club, because London really needs another one of those.....

I'd just love a good old fashioned community space - open to all. The last person I want to hang out with is another nathan barley industry person.
Tuesday 8 May 2018 4.32pm
Some more info in the papers for next week's licensing hearing:

http://moderngov.southwark.gov.uk/mgAi.aspx?id=49857&LLL=0

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network