Blackfriars Bridge bus lane

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 15 March 2018 11.30am
Most days I travel northbound over Blackfriars Bridge on a bus. The anti-terror barriers are placed in the road so quite often buses cannot use the bus lane if there is a large lorry etc in the other lane.

I quite accept that the barriers were put up as a matter of urgency but there is perfectly good piece of pavement between the roadway and the cycle path where the barriers could be moved to.

Who should I contact about this? City Corporation, Southwark, TFL?

THanks
Thursday 15 March 2018 11.33am
A number of questions have been asked at Mayor's Question Time about this, and the answer is always that TfL, the Met, the City Corporation and the boroughs are still in discussions about how to incorporate the barriers into the street furniture as long-term measure.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 15 March 2018 12.12pm
Thanks James. I won’t hold my breath
Zoe
Thursday 15 March 2018 10.00pm
It is frustrating when it wouldn’t take much to resolve the issue. I have seen thinner barriers elsewhere and permeable ones could be used to allow people to cross.

I find getting off the bus and walking over the bridge and catching the one in front is often quicker (though sometimes you can’t and then you have to be embarrassed and get back on the same bus)
Friday 16 March 2018 10.58am
Between the barriers etc and cycle lanes... Beam me up Scotty!!!!

Cotswolds 12

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network