Free window boxes

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
SE1 urbanite
Tuesday 21 May 2002 5.50pm
It's all very exciting about getting free window boxes, however I believe that the residents of Devon Mansions have written into their lease that window boxes are not allowed - presumably due to the fact that they are pretty close to the street and safety is an issue, but as long as they are secured and not likely to fall on someone's head, I think it would look wonderful if everyone had a window box, and I'd like to see Southwark try and ban it.
Tuesday 21 May 2002 6.46pm
What free window boxes?
Tuesday 21 May 2002 6.49pm
See <a href="http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/207">www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/207</a>

The windowboxes aren't free - it's a *free demonstration* of how to plant a successful windowbox
Tuesday 21 May 2002 7.17pm
OK! But any advice on planting large ceramic tubs with herbs for my culinary advetures would be appreciated.I already have some plants waiting to pot up!Sage,Thyme,Basil,Parsley are all waiting patiently for a new home on my south facing 6th floor balcony!Tyhanks!
Wednesday 22 May 2002 11.42am
Try East Street Market (the flower bit) sunday morning, plants are far cheaper than B and Q, loads of advice too.
get there early to avoid crowds, about 8am
Wednesday 22 May 2002 1.10pm
I think they should spend the money on the grotty communal areas!
SE1 urbanite
Thursday 23 May 2002 8.08am
St John's park IS our grotty communal area
sarah
Monday 27 May 2002 8.15am
The 'they' in question is not Southwark Council, who are not going to put any money towards the regeneration of St John's Park but the PLP and the landscape architects who have done the plans and organised the little party in the park on Saturday.

And incidentally, James, they were giving away plants, planters, terracotta pots, soil and advice to everyone, and you don't often get generosity like that anymore, it was very refreshing.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: