Bad service - cab companies

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Friday 25 June 2004 2.21am
Hi
I know it was a bad night for most of us tonight ie: the England result......I had a friend who very kindly babysat for me and I ordered several cabs before hand to take her home after the match. ( unfortunatley from experience I know I cannot rely on just one). A total of five cab firms let me down. These were Waterloo cars, London cars, Express cars( who I have always found very good in the past) Zingo(the black cab service) and computer cabs (black taxis). These were all booked before the game and I was promised cabs. None of these turned up. After chasing them all up to find out where they were they could not get anyone to us.....we gave up. Luckily I live just off the Cut so we were able to go to Waterloo road at 12.30am and pick up a taxi, but that was after being refused by two black taxis because we were only going local.(my friend had her 2 year old with her, luckily he thought it was great to be up at that time because it was such a novelty) Why is it we let people give us such bad service.....If we lived in the country would word get around and these people would go out of business. I dont know as I have always being a local but I know I am getting more and more frustrated.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 25 June 2004 10.19am by James Hatts.
Sal
Friday 25 June 2004 7.59am
You should try Elephant cars, I always seem to get a cab late at nite and they are cheaper than London Cars.

Friday 25 June 2004 8.49am
I expect that the cab companies, faced with customers who order "several" cabs but only want one, can get their scheduling a bit mixed up.

...if you press it, they will come.

Anonymous User
Friday 25 June 2004 8.54am
Dockhead cabs are great - cheap and always turn up too

Friday 25 June 2004 10.30am

i agree Ivanhoe - there is perhaps an ironic twist to this...
Friday 25 June 2004 11.13am
I also endorse Elephant Cars.
Friday 25 June 2004 11.27am
Quite. If you treat your staff like this, it's no wonder they won't work for you.

Perhaps you have a habit of ordering cabs & cancelling them without paying them. In which case they will have your name & address noted as 'not worth picking up from'

Remember, everybody else has to live as well. It's not fair to fill up their booking sheets, lose them other bookings and cost them petrol in turning up to appointments that you don't keep.

Friday 25 June 2004 11.53am
Thanks for cheering me up alipaul.

In answer to your question, if you lived in the country I think you would have been boycotted by cab firms long before now....

gggggrrrrrruuff
Friday 25 June 2004 1.04pm

By the way, I want to recommend the best taxi firm in London, which - like all great things - is to be found in se1.

London Bridge Cars, 28 Southwark Street

QUIZ: can anyone name the recent film that also heavily featured their taxi office.
Jac
Friday 25 June 2004 1.08pm
A part from the point already made ie what do you expect if you mess them around. Does it not occur to you that last night might have been exceptional as so many firms were did not have drivers availble? I wonder if it had anything to do with the football and the beer consumed whilst watching. Travelling home by tube last night just after half time it would appear that 50% of the population had vanished!
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: