A start

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 2 of 6
Sunday 15 April 2018 9.33pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Paramount wrote:
Allowed to kill?

No, whether to have an abortion or not.

But abortion is termination of life whatever fancy terminology as wish to dress it in
Sunday 15 April 2018 9.47pm
Paramount wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Paramount wrote:
Allowed to kill?

No, whether to have an abortion or not.

But abortion is termination of life whatever fancy terminology as wish to dress it in
No, itís the termination of a pregnancy. Anyway, itís the woman involvedís concern, not yours.
Sunday 15 April 2018 10.06pm
Paramount I have no problem in accepting other people's views on abortion. I just expect them to have no problem with mine. If I or anyone I accompanied to a Marie Stopes clinic for advice on a termination was asked to re-consider or harassed in any way I could not predict my response. If you had searched your soul as to what action you could take and decided termination of pregnancy was the only choice, to be deterred by anti abortionist then feel like you've be pressured into having the child may reflect the way you treat her/him the rest of your life.

To take preservation of life from early inception why are these people not protesting outside clinics where sperm donors donate? Not all the spermatozoa are used and are discarded.

If people feel so strongly about certain issues, they could become jehovas witness and protest out side Blood Donors clinics....

That's what I like about this Forum we can disagree on certain subjects without rancour.
Zoe
Sunday 15 April 2018 10.37pm
People can have any view they want, but they donít get to impose it on others and certainly not by standing outside doctors surgeries shouting at women.

Studies also show that banning abortions doesnít reduce the number, people just have unsafe abortions. Apparently those who care so much about life care much less about womenís lives.
Monday 16 April 2018 1.34pm
Zoe wrote:
People can have any view they want, but they donít get to impose it on others and certainly not by standing outside doctors surgeries shouting at women.
Studies also show that banning abortions doesnít reduce the number, people just have unsafe abortions. Apparently those who care so much about life care much less about womenís lives.

What surprises me is how many of those anti-abortion protesters are women.
Monday 16 April 2018 4.47pm
That's an odd thought, Edward. I'd never thought of one's views on abortion being a male/female thing.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 16 April 2018 5.04pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
That's an odd thought, Edward. I'd never thought of one's views on abortion being a male/female thing.

I (wrongly or rightly) inferred from Zoe's post that only the target of the protests are women, hence my reaction.
Monday 16 April 2018 8.10pm
Thank you once again Jan for being polite and not make one feel like a pariah for speaking up for one's belief of and faith etc....it is all most upsetting and especially so as many couples are longing for child or to adopt etc...it's not a perfect world is it but I do take your point in some donor clinics although they are providing possibility of life vs perhaps..I do feel strongly that a doctor's job and duty is to save life not terminate as with Euthanasia also.....

Cotswolds 12
Monday 16 April 2018 8.12pm
Thank you once again Jan for being polite and not make one feel like a pariah for speaking up for one's belief of and faith etc....it is all most upsetting and especially so as many couples are longing for child or to adopt etc...it's not a perfect world is it but I do take your point in sperm donor clinics although they are providing possibility of life vs perhaps..I do feel strongly that a doctor's job and duty is to save life not terminate as with Euthanasia also.....

Cotswolds 12
Monday 16 April 2018 8.21pm
Zoe wrote:

I am not aware of shouting at ladies attending the clinics by pro lifers but have experienced first hand aggressive behaviour from pro abortionists who usually maintain how "peaceful" they are.. and this was just as a passer by and interested observer
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 2 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network