A start

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 3 of 6
Monday 16 April 2018 9.02pm
Paramount wrote:
Zoe wrote:
People can have any view they want, but they donít get to impose it on others and certainly not by standing outside doctors surgeries shouting at women.
Studies also show that banning abortions doesnít reduce the number, people just have unsafe abortions. Apparently those who care so much about life care much less about womenís lives.

I am not aware of shouting at ladies attending the clinics by pro lifers but have experienced first hand aggressive behaviour from pro abortionists who usually maintain how "peaceful" they are.. and this was just as a passer by and interested observer

Well, the way things are going it looks like the "pro abortionists", or basically people who are faced with a very difficult and are under pressure anyway, will be protected rather than the self-righteous zealots harassing them.
Tuesday 17 April 2018 2.21pm
I am grateful to be offered the courtesy of a reply and feel that this very same basic courtesy and humanity be shown to all involved in this issue whether in person or on social media. RE Zealots. Wasn't Tony Benn one and possibly Enoch Powell? I wouldn't dare hazard a guess as to the assertion or accusation of self righteou nes s poss only attributed to others whom we may or may not know well

Cotswolds 12
Tuesday 17 April 2018 6.27pm
Paramount wrote:
I wouldn't dare hazard a guess as to the assertion or accusation of self righteou nes s poss only attributed to others whom we may or may not know well

Well, whether they are or not, they have been told to keep their distance by Ealing Council and hopefully the rest of London (or England, the whole of the UK even) will follow suit.
Tuesday 17 April 2018 11.11pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Paramount wrote:
I wouldn't dare hazard a guess as to the assertion or accusation of self righteou nes s poss only attributed to others whom we may or may not know well

Well, whether they are or not, they have been told to keep their distance by Ealing Council and hopefully the rest of London (or England, the whole of the UK even) will follow suit.
Hilary Benn was an Ealing Councillor so its not saying much for their ideas.... plus truth is oft in the minority
Wednesday 18 April 2018 12.08am
Paramount wrote:
.... plus truth is oft in the minority

Sad but true, Paramount, as the majority who voted for Brexit proved so conclusively. What's wrong with these anti-abortionists? Can't they accept the decision of the majority? Don't they believe in democracy? Why can't they accept that they've lost, and buckle down to make abortion work? Why do they keep moaning on, boring us all with their minority views on public forums like this one?
Wednesday 18 April 2018 9.14am
Paramount wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Paramount wrote:

Hilary Benn was an Ealing Councillor so its not saying much for their ideas.... plus truth is oft in the minority

Yeah well. whatever your opinion of Hillary Benn, truth is that Ealing Council have set a precedent with this.
Wednesday 18 April 2018 11.41am
John C wrote:
Paramount wrote:

Sad but true, Paramount, as the majority who voted for Brexit proved so conclusively. What's wrong with these anti-abortionists? Can't they accept the decision of the majority? Don't they believe in democracy? Why can't they accept that they've lost, and buckle down to make abortion work? Why do they keep moaning on, boring us all with their minority views on public forums like this one?

Haha, precisely.

And support for abortion in the UK is MUCH stronger than a measly 52%. 92% support abortion if the woman's life is in danger, and 70% when the woman does not wish to have the child for other reasons. At least the British public can get something right.
Wednesday 18 April 2018 12.31pm
LiviaDrusilla wrote:
John C wrote:
Paramount wrote:

Haha, precisely.

And support for abortion in the UK is MUCH stronger than a measly 52%. 92% support abortion if the woman's life is in danger, and 70% when the woman does not wish to have the child for other reasons. At least the British public can get something right.

I didn't know those figures LiviaD - quote '92% support abortion if the woman's life is in danger' - does that really mean that the other 8% of the public would rather see a woman die than have an abortion?
Wednesday 18 April 2018 2.45pm
[quote LiviaDrusilla][quote John C][quote Paramount].... plus truth is oft in the minority[/quote]

[/quote]

Haha, precisely.

And support for abortion in the UK is MUCH stronger than a measly 52%. 92% support abortion if the woman's life is in danger, and 70% when the woman does not wish to have the child for other reasons. At least the British public can get something right.[/quote

Apologies for moaning on about a foetus being torn apart in the womb. Silly me
Wednesday 18 April 2018 2.58pm
Paramount wrote:
Apologies for moaning on about a foetus being torn apart in the womb. Silly me

This is exactly the kind of tactics those protesters use with their disgusting imagery and placards. Ban the lot now, freedom of speech comes with responsibility.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 3 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network