A start

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6
Current: 6 of 6
Friday 20 April 2018 9.33pm
[quote Paramount][quote Zoe][quote jinkazama]I also think some awful example have been given here, Jan, if a woman has an affair and gets pregnant then she is terminating for convenience. And Zoe, a ball of cells, seriously.[/quote]

Well luckily you donít get to tell women what to do and your strawmen examples are just that.

There is a real contempt shown for women when people talk about examples of women having abortions because they feel like it. All studies show that women consider abortion deeply, they donít rush into it and most feel intense relief afterward. Suggesting women do it for convenience is no different to when I lived in Egypt and people claimed women couldnít be judges as they were too emotional.

Shouting at women outside doctors is an extension of this contempt for women.[/quote

Who is or was "shouting at women"?[/quote]

The anti-abortion protesters obviously.
Thursday 26 April 2018 11.10am
Anyone remember the court case in the 80s? A bloke tried to get an injunction out on his former girlfriend to prevent her from having an abortion, it was a big case that went on for a while, or was at least played out in the media. I was young, I was on the blokes side, the judge ruled that we cannot tell a Woman what to do with her own body, I disagreed. Of course I now see the wisdom of the decision.

The abortion WAS retrospective contraception, like it or not.
Thursday 26 April 2018 5.53pm
Retrospective contraception. Surely not.

Conception = creation of life,
Contraception= the prevention of such creation,
Abortion=the ending of that which has been created.

We must not equate abortion with a condom.

Having said that, I am passionately Pro-Choice and support the right of women to make such decisions about their pregnancies without interference from outsiders.
Monday 30 April 2018 7.32pm
Oh dear, saw a newspaper headline today .in the midst of diy surgical procedures on YouTube they apparently show do it yourself abortions..if that is the case some parts of the world have no access to women's clinics..
Tuesday 1 May 2018 11.08am
Jan the old one wrote:
Oh dear, saw a newspaper headline today .in the midst of diy surgical procedures on YouTube they apparently show do it yourself abortions..if that is the case some parts of the world have no access to women's clinics..
Some parts of the world -
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/isle-of-man-decriminalise-abortionalex-allinson-a8328231.html
Wednesday 2 May 2018 10.32pm
Thank you for that Link JohnC...read it seems incredible!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6
Current: 6 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network