Elephant & Castle Rail Station (Elephant Road entrance)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 20 April 2018 9.56pm
I have used this station 3 times this week and increasingly around 5-6 pm there are groups of people drinking just inside the entrance. Their manner is intimidating and I felt quite threatened walking past. Anyone else noticed this? Can’t understand why the station staff fine do something about it.

I seem to be having a moan tonight!
Friday 20 April 2018 10.01pm
Yes I have also noticed this, and I agree it can be intimidating.

Probably worth raising with the British Transport Police, and/or Govia Thameslink Railway as the station operator.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 23 April 2018 10.04am
rimby wrote:
"Their manner is intimidating and I felt quite threatened walking past.

What did they actually do to you that was threatening or made you feel intimidated? It isn't clear ........
Monday 23 April 2018 11.03pm
One day last week there was a group of 8/9 people, drinking out of cans, smoking dope and being loud and unruly (one i think had just pissed in the corner). I turned to look at them (overwhelming smell) as I exited the station and I was subjected to “what you looking at?”. I don’t want that after a 10 hour working day.
Wednesday 13 June 2018 11.17am
lived in elephant since 2005 and honestly do not remember there not being drinkers out the back of the station
Wednesday 13 June 2018 12.50pm
have spotted groups there on several occasions when I've been heading over to Lost Rivers - I do understand why it can feel intimidating. I guess if it's on the pavement then the station staff may feel it's outside of their area... Perhaps following James' suggestion and reporting to the station operator would help. Might also be worth pointing them to this forum as several different individuals have now matched your observation of the problem.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network