Polling Cards

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 1 May 2018 12.36pm
Has anybody received their polling cards yet(I know you don't need one to vote)I live on the OKR and have not received mine yet(yes I have registered)
Tuesday 1 May 2018 12.37pm
Mine arrived some weeks ago.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 1 May 2018 1.40pm
okrdave wrote:
...(I know you don't need one to vote)...

True - but do check - remember some of the polling stations have changed.
http://www.southwark.gov.uk/council-and-democracy/voting-and-elections/2018-borough-council-elections
Tuesday 1 May 2018 4.31pm
Received them weeks ago. Anyone else feeling almost harassed by candidates on an almost weekly basis, especially Sundays?
Tuesday 1 May 2018 4.56pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Received them weeks ago. Anyone else feeling almost harassed by candidates on an almost weekly basis, especially Sundays?

Haven't seen a single candidate, and a neighbour helpfully(?) throws canvassing leaflets in the recycling bin as soon as they drop in through the letterbox, before any of us have chance to read them.
Tuesday 1 May 2018 4.59pm
Yes - Labour candidates making their presence felt with alarming regularity - never have any contact with them / info from them any other time. Wonder why?!
Tuesday 1 May 2018 8.28pm
And if your're in London Bridge & West Bermondsey ward, the election has been postponed.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 2 May 2018 6.22am
I've seen no canvassers in my ward (Newington) and only had a leaflet from the Green Party. Nothing from Labour or Lib Dems where s in the past there have been plenty of leaflets. Very strange. Does Labour assume it will win all the seats here?
Wednesday 2 May 2018 2.11pm
Alberta Ally wrote:
I've seen no canvassers in my ward (Newington) and only had a leaflet from the Green Party. Nothing from Labour or Lib Dems where s in the past there have been plenty of leaflets. Very strange. Does Labour assume it will win all the seats here?

Two visits from canvassers in 3 days. Told them in no uncertain terms that I considered it harassment and that it's counterproductive.
Sunday 13 May 2018 3.09pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Alberta Ally wrote:

Two visits from canvassers in 3 days. Told them in no uncertain terms that I considered it harassment and that it's counterproductive.

Always seems to be as we're just about to sit down to have our tea.
Why on Earth do they not use the door knockers? They rattle on the door with their knuckles quite forcefully, almost authoritatively, that must frighten some people. I haven't asked them that question as I never answer the door to them, and I know it's them by the knock.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network