Gym recommendations

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 2 May 2018 5.52pm
I'm wondering if anyone could/would recommend a local gym - I live in SE1, near Tower Bridge Road. Ideally I would like somewhere that offers "pay as you go" rather than a monthly/annual fee. And also somewhere that a 61-year old would feel comfortable. All suggestions considered though - I really need to get some more exercise!
Thursday 3 May 2018 4.39pm
Hi Peterroe, As you're over 60, you may qualify for Southwark's Silver Fit sessions. For £5 membership a year, I go to gym sessions (in my case at South Bank Uni's Academy of Sport) twice a week (9.30 - 10.30 a.m.) for £1 a session. Maybe too far away for you but worth looking at the Silver fit website which will list other activities.
Thursday 3 May 2018 5.15pm
Isn't the Castle gym at the Elephant free to locals over 60?
Thursday 3 May 2018 6.44pm
Tolstoy wrote:
Isn't the Castle gym at the Elephant free to locals over 60?

Aside from the free swim and gym that is offered to all of Southwark's residents, the over 60s may attend any 'silver' activity for free. One may see the silver activities on this timetable.

Only people with disabilities can access all services for free.
Thursday 3 May 2018 9.44pm
Just to clarify my previous posting, Silver Fit is not a Council scheme. It's a charitable organisation run by and for older people themselves and has a range of activities in different parts of London including Southwark. If you access their website there's plenty of information about what they provide and where. Apologies if there has been any confusion.
Friday 4 May 2018 5.40pm
Has anyone tried the Tokei Martial Arts gym near Tooley Street? What is it like?
Zoe
Saturday 5 May 2018 7.51pm
This is a women’s only gym that should be fairly local https://www.thebridge-uk.org
Sunday 6 May 2018 10.48am
I applied for a guest pass from Fit4less in Pocock street, I never got it but I now get a text every day asking me to join. Any reviews on this gym?
Tuesday 8 May 2018 5.22pm
That is so confusing, Fit4less is just around the corner from Fitness4Less :)

Being under a massive student accommodation building, perhaps not the best place for a 61 years old.

The Castle leisure centre in Elephant is very mixed in terms of age groups, but I guess it's too far from Tower Bridge Road?
Tuesday 8 May 2018 11.20pm
Why not try https://www.payasugym.com/ . It lets you just pay for a gym anytime you go,no contracts. Covers a lot of the gyms in SE1.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network