Gym recommendations

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Thursday 10 May 2018 9.59pm
Circle gym and spa is nice though I'm not sure about PAYG options. Fit4less is more welcoming than might be assumed, it isn't that busy compared to PureGym and other low cost gyms and I haven't noticed "attitude" and not entirely young. Columbo centre is more mixed in terms of age but haven't been there.
Thursday 10 May 2018 11.51pm
I know one thing, if Fitness First Cottons don't get their act together I'll be off, I'm fed up complaining to them.

I might try the Castle Centre Friday freebie and have a look around.
Friday 11 May 2018 12.11pm
I use the Castle regularly and can recommend it. I work the weights and machines and they're always in good order. They had an airconditioning problem a few weeks back which helped loss a bit of extra weight(!) but it's all good now. I'm 59.

Staff to my mind are universally excellent. Always on hand to offer advice and yeah, no attitude. Old and young guys pumping weights and much fitter women of all ages mixing it up with good cardio work and of course there are many other activities within the centre to keep you from getting bored from a regular routine.
Friday 11 May 2018 7.07pm
Never made the Castle today but that's high praise Tolstoy. I will definitely try it.
Few others at Cotton's are handing their notice in. If I didn't know better I would say it's being run down, which doesn't really make sense as it's their flagship branch, apparently.
Friday 11 May 2018 7.11pm
Well I'll be...

As if by magic, I have just received a text offering a guest pass for Fit4less. As mentioned though, might be a bit old for it.
Tuesday 15 May 2018 5.15pm
Hi Peter,

My name is Lee and I work at No1 Fitness personal training studio on Tower Bridge road. We offer small group training and personal training for all ages.

We are also opening up a brand new studio downstairs in June. You can come in for a free consultation we are just down the road from you.

108, Maltings Place, 169 Tower Bridge Rd, London SE1 3JB

www.no1fitness.co.uk
Monday 21 May 2018 8.22pm
Thanks for all the responses folks. I haven't done anything about it just yet but I will be investigating very very soon. I will come and have a look Lee (Tower Bridge Road).
Thursday 24 May 2018 4.32pm
Perfect, if you want a sit down with one our senior trainers we can talk you through what we would recommend. free of charge. Email at lee.holder@no1fitness.co.uk if you are interested :)
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network