Thomas Pink shirt shop shut

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 13 May 2018 5.02pm
In the latest gentrification news - strolling through Waterloo Station earlier, I noticed that the Thomas Pink shop on the balcony has shut.

What's the antonym of gentrification?
Monday 14 May 2018 1.26pm
Recession?!

No doubt it will soon re-open as a small hotel or Pret a manger.
Monday 14 May 2018 8.38pm
Democratisation? I assume they got a low cost start up deal as no casual passenger was ever going to think of going up there to buy a shirt (even if ripped on a train door) especially when M&S is on the concourse.
Tuesday 15 May 2018 2.44pm
might be replaced by a Tie Rack or Sock Shop?
Tuesday 15 May 2018 7.19pm
TP is a complete swizz, you can get a bespoke shirt from a tailor for the same price.
Tuesday 15 May 2018 9.32pm
NickTheGreek wrote:
TP is a complete swizz, you can get a bespoke shirt from a tailor for the same price.

Yes, I did try to say that no gentleman would buy his shirts from Thomas Pink, but James Hatts must have censored my message. Thomas Pink is certainly NOT my idea of 'gentrification'! On the other hand there used to be a shop in Cheapside that advertised its services as 'Actual Shirt Maker' - sounds a bit like 'artisan bread'. Now 'artisan bread' - that's gentrification. Imagine all those Franco Manca s (=City Bankers) queuing up to buy bread hand-made by an actual artisan.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network