More London Rill

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4
Thursday 21 June 2018 11.55pm
The best comment on the Mail website is that More London had paid 1mn for what is essentially a 260m gutter. Little wonder the astronomic prices at the fancy new restaurants.
BNM
Friday 22 June 2018 6.52am
The restaurants don't seem to be doing too badly from what I can see. They're surrounded by accountants after all and, like bookies, you never see a poor one of those.

Mail readers often surprise me. On the one hand, they don't like anything new or different or modern. But on the positive side, they...nope, can't think of anything.
Wednesday 4 July 2018 5.24pm
Does Neil Coyle actually know where the rill is?
Sunday 29 July 2018 3.42pm
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/9694

Quote:
"More London submitted a planning application to fill in The Rill on 22 May, but it was not valid as no fee was paid," replied Cllr Johnson Situ, Southwark Labour cabinet member for growth, development and planning.

"The council has therefore not given permission for this work to take place.

"However, St Martins Property Group, who own and manage More London, have filled in The Rill water feature which was installed at the time of the development of More London citing immediate health and safety concerns.

"Now that an application has been received, the council is considering this as is our duty.

"However, officers are also seeking to negotiate with the owners to ensure that a water feature is re-provided in a format that resolves health and safety issues and means that people can continue to enjoy The Rill."

Why does no local council in the land have the guts to stand up to the big property owners? NO proper application was received. NO permission was given to infill the Rill. So, an immediate order should be issued to the owners to reinstate the Rill. THEN the owners must reinstate it at their own expense. THEN and only then can they apply for permission to fill it in again!

Personally, I always though it was a bit silly.
Saturday 4 August 2018 11.29am
Rills like this have been a common and beautiful feature of cities like Freiburg in health and safety mad Germany for many years with no health and safety issues. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freiburg_B%C3%A4chle
Saturday 4 August 2018 11.31am
Rills like this have been a common and beautiful feature of cities like Freiburg in health and safety mad Germany for many years with no health and safety issues.
Saturday 4 August 2018 8.38pm
I think we all know this has nothing to do with health and safety and to do with More not wanting to manage and maintain the feature. Profits come first remember.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network