Borough market

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Saturday 26 June 2004 12.37pm
The newly restored old part of the market with the borough market lettering along the room is looking mighty fine ,doess any one know what s happening with Themas Link

is it or isen't it

Or is it still in limbo.
Saturday 26 June 2004 1.25pm
It appears to be 'in limbo' - but general local opinion is that the viaduct will be built - eventually. If you look at the market you can see that the money is being thrown at areas that will not be threatened by construction [west of the current overhead line], and several of the properties in Park Street that will be affected have fallen empty and remained empty over the last year. The save-borough-market web site is no longer available and exact timing is the last thing locals will hear about. Test drilling in local streets took place at various times last year.

Meanwhile [scurrilous rumour time] it seems the trustees are selling off the 'family silver' [i.e local property] to pay for the restoration that has gone horribly over budget.....
Saturday 26 June 2004 6.04pm

hmmm, I am not a trustee any more so I cannot claim any current insider knowledge but there do seem to be a lot of For Sale signs up around on BM properties.

I do seem to recall that for various reasons it was difficult for the market to borrow money, so cashflow would be pretty important...
Saturday 26 June 2004 7.00pm
That's interesting I wonder what happened to the save borough market area web site

At the potters fields inquiry Julie greer told Mr. village that the themes link viaduct had consent,
She didn't say by who,and I don't think that means the whole project does.
and I don't think that's the same as getting the go ahead
I thought the design was still under review ,along with other issues

Edited 3 times. Last edit at 26 June 2004 10.08pm by mickysalt.
Monday 28 June 2004 8.15am
Apparently Network Rail are in the process of submitting another application to the Office for the Deputy Prime Minister and hope to have an answer within the next six months. If permission is granted they are likely to start work on Thameslink 2000 in 2006.

(See my separate Thameslink 2000 post for an update on this and how to view and comment on the plans).

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 28 June 2004 9.03am by Eleanor.
Monday 28 June 2004 10.37am

hey Eleanor is that you?
Monday 28 June 2004 11.05am
Yes - does this mean my forum social standing has just increased several notches by being associated with Red Bus?!

Monday 28 June 2004 11.24am

or possibly dropped a few points (sorry) !!

glad to have you here - we need more quality people on the forum.
Sal
Monday 28 June 2004 11.49am
This scheme also affect the City of London to, so I have plenty of work to do in the next few years!!!!
Monday 28 June 2004 12.16pm
Red Bus,
Who are you?
Plus who counts as 'quality'

Sarah
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: