Thameslink 2000 - 21 days to comment on new plans

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 28 June 2004 9.52am
Further to Mickeysalt's query regarding Thameslink 2000, there has been an important development in the last couple of days. (I thought I'd start a new topic because it's important stuff and I didn't want people to miss it).

I've been in touch with Network Rail and they tell me that they submitted a new planning application to Southwark Council on Friday for the replacement buildings around Borough Market.

As soon as the application becomes validated people have 21 days to view the plans and comment on them, which they can do in the following ways:

Network Rail will be holding an exhibition of the plans at Borough Market in Green Dragon Court on Thursday 15 July from 7-9am and 12-7pm. (Anyone can just turn up and view them).

You can also view them at local libraries. A full list of places to view them will be posted on the Network Rail website from noon today:

You can go into the Southwark Council offices (tel 020 7525 5402 for more information)

Or you can view them on the Southwark Council website:

where brief details have already been posted (Application Number 04-AP-1133)

I'm told it is highly likely that the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister will also want to hold an enquiry, which will probably happen in 2005, but it is still important for people to make their views known through the means available listed above.

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 28 June 2004 10.09am by Eleanor.
Friday 2 July 2004 8.37pm
I'v been trying the
Application Number 04-AP-1133) on the southwark council web site it doesn't seem to
Come up with anything
Friday 2 July 2004 9.47pm
The "search by planning number" bit doesn't seem to work for any application.

Try searching by date (25/06/2004) or by Location Address (16-26 Borough High Street SE1) instead.
Monday 5 July 2004 1.37pm
Well good luck if you go and look at the plans, I have a set on my desk and it's comprises of 3 applications!!!!
Monday 12 July 2004 3.53pm
There are 3 applications and several statements to accompany them. You need a month to go through it!

The simplest and fastest option is to call T2000 on 020 7023 3138 and ask for a copy of the "T2000 Environmental Statement Non-technical summary "
as a starter and then look at the planning applications.
Monday 12 July 2004 9.56pm
Are all three applications for borough market

Im going early on Thursday morning , Il just have to make an evaluation on the visualization's

It better not be a perspex model
Tuesday 13 July 2004 10.50am
Well the application for the widening of Blackfriars Bridge comprises of 3 applications and they have been submitted to the City, but only half of the bridge is in the City so Southwark should have the same.
Tuesday 13 July 2004 11.14am
From Network Rail's Thameslink 2000 site

Non technical summary - part 1

Non technical summary - part 2

NB These documents don't contain detailed site plans or drawings.

Tuesday 13 July 2004 11.40am
Sal wrote:
"but only half of the bridge is in the City so Southwark should have the same"

At least the proper Blackfriars Bridge is entirely in the City, even the little park on the south bank of the bridge belongs to the city. I think all Thames bridges always belong entirely to the borough on either side, not half and half.
Tuesday 13 July 2004 11.49am
I think that the City is responsible for London and Blackfriars bridges in their entirety, while Southwark and the Millenium Bridges are shared (I may be wrong).
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: