Sorry for gloomy question - but undertakers recommendations?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 2 July 2018 10.16am
A very very loved family member is dealing with a very sick husband, and is too fragile at the moment to deal with practical plans, so I am going to try to find out what the options are with undertakers etc in advance - but have no idea where to start!
Can anyone recommend a good, decent undertakers (husband is at St Thomas'), I was told it was better to find out about plans before, as it is too emotional at the time. Hopefully we won't need them for months to come! Thanks
Monday 2 July 2018 12.36pm
Let me extend my sympathy towards you and your much loved family member.
I would expect that the vast majority of recommendations will be for F.A.Albins of Rotherhithe Tunnel, 020 7237 3637, which would be my first choice, secondly, A. Smith of Great Suffolk Street 0207 928 5377
I live in Waterloo and my family have always used Smith's, for at least the last 70 years, but the last funeral, two years ago, was conducted by Albins from a Waterloo address and was as good as any I have seen locally or attended.
Both good, depends which is most convenient for you.
Stay strong and please don't apologise for caring for your loved ones. You are doing the right thing.
Monday 2 July 2018 12.54pm
My Brother and I used A. Smith of Great Suffolk Street when our mother passed away at St Thomas'.

They did all that was agreed, and there were no hiccups.
Monday 2 July 2018 1.33pm
When our mother passed away, my sister and l used Francis Chappell in East Street, we dealt with Julie Maskel. From the moment we arrived until the end of the funeral, everything was dealt with kindness and compassion and all arrangements were dealt with to a high standard.
Monday 2 July 2018 3.05pm
Thanks all very much - have had two good recommendations by DM as well as these two above, will call them all this week as we are not yet too emotional so easier to have these discussions when not distressed!

On a side note am so impressed (and a little bit weepy) by the level of care and compassion and kindness at St Thomas - all the staff have made a horrible situation bearable and I am in awe of them all
Monday 2 July 2018 8.15pm
Without doubt..Albins, several family members have been dealt with by them superb service,immaculate cars...I went to a funeral several years ago where the funeral car was filthy. Service slapdash...not any of others above mentioned.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network