Sadiq Khan

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Tuesday 10 July 2018 9.42am
The London Mayor demeans his high office. In every way possible

Cotswolds 12
Tuesday 10 July 2018 10.21am
Paramount wrote:
The London Mayor demeans his high office. In every way possible

Some context would be good?
Tuesday 10 July 2018 10.46am
Not sure what he has done wrong, but at least he hasn't spent a fortune on silly custom made buses with seats too small for dwarfs...
Tuesday 10 July 2018 2.09pm
His support of a cringeworthy balloon re USA President visit.... oh.. and can't he afford to wear a tie? Corbyn used make this flaw but rectified recently

Cotswolds 12
Tuesday 10 July 2018 2.25pm
That's it?! Jeez. Move along nothing to see here.
Tuesday 10 July 2018 2.45pm
Paramount wrote:
His support of a cringeworthy balloon re USA President visit.... oh.. and can't he afford to wear a tie? Corbyn used make this flaw but rectified recently

Not sure if being tieless makes him bad at his job. I'm forced to wear on most days, so I'm 100% sure of that it doesn't. I think they're pointless. However, totally agree with you on the balloon thing....childish to the extreme.
Tuesday 10 July 2018 4.00pm
Is it "supported", or merely "permitted", by the Mayor's office?

There's a big difference, and I'm not sure I'd want a mayor who took it upon themselves to prevent peaceful protest. That's the sort of thing that happens in Turkey and Russia.
Tuesday 10 July 2018 4.17pm
Paramount wrote:
His support of a cringeworthy balloon re USA President visit....

He's not supporting it, he's refusing to ban it. And if some Londoners want to stick two fingers up to the most cringeworthy American president since Warren G Harding - then they should have the right to. Seems a very British sort of protest. Personally I think the best thing to do is to ignore him, which is effectively what is happening - he's not been invited to Downing Street, or Parliament, or Buckingham Palace. Perhaps the Queen could have a diplomatic cold at the last minute and send one of the grandchildren to greet him at Windsor Castle. Apparently in London he's staying for one night in the US Ambassador's mansion, secluded in 12 acres of Regent's Park - Winfield House - intrigued to note that in World War II it was used by a barrage balloon unit.
Tuesday 10 July 2018 4.46pm
Under Khan crime is worse and think all USA soldiers helping us in wars now lie in France etc. Plus not very clever to try upset the President if we want to be with him in front queue. Unlike Obama who egged on by Cameron wanted us in the back of. queue

Cotswolds 12
Tuesday 10 July 2018 5.37pm
Khan isn't 'endorsing that hilarious balloon': he's endorsing Londoner's right to express their beliefs.

Better to poke fun at an unfunny, po-faced ignoramus that to throw molotov cocktails.

As for the necktie thing, there is no dress code the London Mayor has to follow in the course of his normal working day. His predecessor looked like he had just got out of bed, yet no one was saying he was demeaning his office with his unkempt hairstyle...
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network