Hand car wash

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 28 June 2004 11.55am
Can anyone recommend a good hand car wash in the area?
Monday 28 June 2004 2.29pm
There's one half way down Grange Road. No idea if it's any good, but let us know if you do try it - it always looks pretty tidy in there which must be a good thing.
Anonymous User
Monday 28 June 2004 5.22pm
The guys in Grange Road are fab, they do inside and out for a tenner.
Monday 28 June 2004 7.31pm
I use the one just east off Tower Bridge Road (Druid Street, I think) next to all the Porsche garages in the railway arches.

Inside - out - wax and wheels for a tenner (same as Grange Road). They are always really nice and friendly (and not in a creepy way) and do a proper job, even if there's a queue.
Wednesday 30 June 2004 1.51pm
there is a place under the railway on southwark bridge road/ flat iron square/ union street junction.
inside out i think the prices start at 10. if you only want the outside done it's cheaper.
Wednesday 30 June 2004 5.04pm
Is it dreadfully old-fashioned to say that I'd get a bucket and a sponge and some car shampoo and do it myself??

...if you press it, they will come.
Anonymous User
Wednesday 30 June 2004 5.08pm
Terribly old fashioned Ivanhoe!
Wednesday 30 June 2004 5.13pm
Sorry Birdie. Must try harder to get "with it", as you moderns say.

Must admit to never cleaning the Ivanhoe Rustrider (but occasionally driving it through a car wash as an act of propitiation, if it's not been showing signs of extreme leakiness recently, and if we're hoping it will actually take us somewhere), but I really quite like spending a peaceful half hour soaping and waxing my scooter.

...if you press it, they will come.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: