Need a supermarket after 5pm on a Sunday?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 28 June 2004 4.33pm
I found out that Marks and Spencer at MORE London is open to 10pm everynight..... this was a godsend yesterday when at short notice my mother in law announced that she was coming around for tea. I was able to get fresh food as opposed to the frozen pies/pizza/veg from the local convenience stores.....

Just thought I'd let other bachelor types whose fridges are mainly just filled with cheese, mayo and alchohol....
Monday 28 June 2004 4.46pm
Yes indeed, the new M&S is an absolute godsend.

However, has anyone else noticed that this particular branch has an amazing price mark-up?

The Waterloo branch of Simply M&S sells their wonderful sparkling wine (Methode Champenoise... but much cheaper than proper Champagne) non-vintage for 5.99.... which is a steal! The branch at More London sells the same bubbly for 6.99, which is not so much of a steal, but still a fantastic drink to have with strawbs 'n' cream (particularly this week, with Wombledon coming to Tower Bridge).

ps. has anyone been into the bright orange cafe next door to M&S (the one that looks like its colour scheme has come right out of an Easy Rentacar office?)
Monday 28 June 2004 6.13pm
Not all of the M&S "Simply Food" branches are owned and operated by M&S - some are franchises - hence the opportunity for differential pricing.

I thought the only franchises were the ones in railway stations, but maybe they have expanded the scheme ?

Edited for grammar

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 28 June 2004 6.32pm by Siduhe.
Tuesday 29 June 2004 1.42pm
Where & what is More London, please? (Yes, I've been living with my head in the clouds.)

This forum isn't about London, it's about Southwark & Lambeth...
Tuesday 29 June 2004 1.45pm
its a cluster of steel & glass office buildings designed by Fosters Architects, on the river between Hays Galleria and the Lord Mayors jelly mould.
Tuesday 29 June 2004 1.46pm
it's that great paved area with the neon tree to cycle round

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 29 June 2004 1.48pm
It's the huge office development on the river just next to the GLA building. in Southwark. so no need to worry.

There are also two late night M&Ss in Victoria station, in case anyone has cravings for their nice mini chocolate covered swiss rolls.

Tuesday 29 June 2004 1.49pm
Mapmaker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where & what is More London, please? (Yes,
> I've been living with my head in the clouds.)
>
> This forum isn't about London, it's about
> Southwark & Lambeth...

Hmmmmmm....
Tuesday 29 June 2004 2.10pm
You have cheese AND mayo as well as alcohol in the fridge.......what luxury! All I could find last night was alcohol and a very tired and over emotional tomato.
Thursday 1 July 2004 10.39pm
My fridge also contains one tomato that just perfectly fits that description.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: