Writing a Will...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 28 August 2018 1.26pm
Hello
I'm hoping to get a recommendation for a good local solicitor - as I need to write a Will.
Can anyone suggest anyone for this?
Thanks!
Sarah
Wednesday 29 August 2018 9.41am
We've done this recently and used Steel & Shamash at the Waterloo Road end of Baylis Road / Lower Marsh. We saw Andrew Dowie and he was really good, very helpful and offered sound professional advice. No one wants to think about Wills, but he made the whole process far more painless than we were imaging. We'd kept putting it off because we thought it would be a long drawn out, stressful, time-consuming process - it wasn't! We had an initial meeting to discuss what we wanted to do, after which we were sent draft documents to approve, then we went in to sign them and have them witnessed. Hope that helps.
Wednesday 29 August 2018 10.10pm
Not local, but highly recommended - particularly because the guy comes to see you. We used an outfit called Charter Wills. Based in Surrey, but that's irrelevant. He knew his stuff and the price was very reasonable - cheaper, I suspect that most solicitors.
Wednesday 29 August 2018 10.35pm
Thanks both Suzieq and Ben
That's helpful.
Monday 10 September 2018 4.12pm
I've just done a will with McClures in central London who do wills for free in return for a voluntary donation to charity (which can be a legacy in the will). Very straightforward and simple.
Tuesday 11 September 2018 9.46am

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network