Food Co-operative

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 23 May 2002 1.59pm
Has anyone heard of something like this that exists in Bermondsey? Something along the lines of people getting together in a 'courtyard' type of location and contributing to and sharing the cooking of a big meal which they then all eat? Apparently there's been articles on it and it's been going for several years...?
Thursday 23 May 2002 2.12pm
Yes, it's a really excellent restaurant called Champor Champor, in really fine decorative state, where the nice chef cooks all the food, and the charming proprietor oversees all that goes on.

Didn't think you liked food that came without the golden arches logo anyway, so you'd probably find the food cooperative too sophisticated for your left wing tastes.
Thursday 23 May 2002 2.14pm
There's no need to be nasty, "trouble".

Website Editor
Thursday 23 May 2002 2.17pm
Sorry, James, but the mere word \'Natalie\' brings out the worst in me (and I\'ve nothing to do with C C either, before the conspiracy theorists amongst you get going).

If it\'s in a courtyard, does it happen during the winter as well?
Thursday 23 May 2002 2.28pm
Natalie, that sounds great, where did you read the articles?
and ' Trouble' did you have to depress me by casting doubt on it? I was looking forward to eating something that I had not cooked! I would even wash up....!
Monday 27 May 2002 10.55am
I refuse to give that place any more undeserved publicity. Get a life you sad weirdo. You certainly seem to have chosen an appropriate pseudonym.
Monday 27 May 2002 11.14am

Hello Jan The Elder - I'm searching for some articles but haven't come across anything yet. I'll post some news as and when...
Monday 27 May 2002 6.30pm
Ah, but Natalie, your campaigning for Champor Champor means that your name is now synonymous with the place and they will forever be linked in our minds. Just remind me what James's voting questions where... and just remind me what proportion of voters agreed with you?

Only problem is, it's harder than ever to get a table there - alas.

I think you'll have to find yourself a pseudonym, I'm sure Sharon & Tracey or Miss Baker must have one spare which they would lend to you...
Friday 19 September 2003 10.23am
Natalie. I went to a couple of barbeques that might or might not be what you are referring to. They were really wonderful and in a hidden courtyard that you can only get to through a passageway that leads off Weston Street. Some local residents in the flats there got one going to have an opportunity to meet up and due to the success had more after. You might not believe it but its right behind champor champor. There hasnt been one for a while though....not sure why p.s. sorry to raise an old subject on an unrelated link but IMHO champor champor is overrated. It's OK, but nothing more than that and the popularity of it on this forum is Im afraid a more of a reflection on the poor quality of the competition or the ability to get your friends to lobby support and post positive reviews in an attempt to influence the forum. Talking of the Garrisson...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: