Dealers/drug users

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Tuesday 2 October 2018 7.36pm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-45720400

These people need help.. They have serious mental health issues & need people and the government to support.

I donít think itís a walk in the park for them.

As someone once said to me ďmost people donít realise they are one paycheck away from being homelessĒ..
Wednesday 3 October 2018 7.15am
Tabard Gardens is on the radar of the local plod see recent tweets https://twitter.com/mpschaucer
Thursday 4 October 2018 11.17am
I agree, it must be difficult for them to be homeless and I wouldn't want to be in their situation.

However it doesn't mean homeless people have the right to go down rubbish bins and recycling bins looking for items of worth, whilst discarding the rest all over the floor. Nor does it mean they have the right to harass people on their walk to work for money to support their drug habit, then smoke their **** practically outside my front door.

Granted I haven't lived in their shoes, but they haven't lived in mine either.
Thursday 4 October 2018 2.49pm
I have lived in SE1 since 1989 I have seen so many changes the drug and crime problem has definitely got worse. I feel for all the homeless and drug addicts not a nice situation for them and correct me if Iím wrong but with government council funding cuts the money is not available to help these people.
Thursday 4 October 2018 6.10pm
I think the biggest mistake was for the NHS addiction service on Blackfriars road to go out to tender 3 years ago. It was a a great service for the community.
The service which bid higher and won the contract went out of business a year later . I'm not sure who has the contract now but everything is based on stats , if you have a client group who are hard to engage , well you don't want them as they make your stats look poor.
The drug service is based in Camberwell . Even if the NHS had won the contract, Southwark didn't want the service to continue on Blackfriars road . Social cleansing??
Shame on Southwark for this.
There are hostels in the borough but again very little work is done with clients.
People do make choices and for some they would prefer taking drugs rather engage in services.
I as a resident of this borough want to feel safe on the streets not just from drug users but from people who want to steal from me when I'm out and about.
We definitely need more police on the streets .
Saturday 13 October 2018 10.29pm
I understand more police and hours SNT etc will be increased from January 2019

Cotswolds 12
Sunday 14 October 2018 6.43pm
I understand more police and hours SNT etc will be increased from January 2019

Cotswolds 12
Monday 15 October 2018 12.40pm
There is open drug dealing in Mint Street park. Quite open in fact. There may appear a lot of homeless in SE1 but you have to remember that there are at leat 3 homeless hostels in the area.
Not all drug dealers are homeless. as it has been said. I have seen quite a few from St Mungos dealing in the park.
Monday 15 October 2018 9.17pm
Riverside67 wrote:
Not all drug dealers are homeless. as it has been said. I have seen quite a few from St Mungos dealing in the park.

The only drug dealers who are homeless, are those who are no good at their job...
Tuesday 16 October 2018 10.39am
Sadly on the No 1 Bus I sat next two two guys - One had just got £50 in less than an hour 'begging' and was on his way to buy '9 light and 2 dark' from his dealer at Elephant. He was encouraging his wheel chair user companion freshly released from jail to come with him and get back on the streets and the 'gear'. He had a £15k social fund but apparently was not able to claim for it for accommodation. The dealer want happy to take coins (a £20 note, £10 note and 20 x £1 coins - he answered when asked by the dealer). The clean guy just out of jail wanted a bed, the beggar/soon to be dealer/user was happy to sleep on the street. He would use what he needed and break down the rest to sell. I found it sad that the people giving the '£20 drop' and the £10 for that matter didnt appreciate where the money would be used. Even a £1 coin opens the door to further misery. Surely better to donate that money to hostels directly. They spoke openly in front of me - I am sure the didnt think an old woman would know what they were talking about. I still dont know if I should have spoken up.
It is a tough life out there and we are all potentially one pay cheque or one mental or emotional breakdown away from the streets.
Give of your time or financially support the organisations working on the coal face to help but dont give cash is my thinking.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network