Old libraries and new buildings...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 29 June 2004 10.01am
More news on the development at 56 Southwark Bridge Road.

(being turned into a training centre)

Southwark plan for work to commence in September. Union St will be closed during working hours for 15 months (as they were unable to agree loading arrangements from Southwark Bridge Road with the Highways Dept). More noise for the people in the English Churches flats.

The management body has ITV London on it and South Bank Uni has apparently expressed an interest. There is going to be another meeting with residents, but they don't have any date in mind for this.

(edited for grammer and clarity, oh, and so as not to try too hard)

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 29 June 2004 10.17am by James Hatts.
Tuesday 29 June 2004 10.47am
I live next door and am going to face a lot of disruption as the building work goes on for a year and a half. I haven't been advised of any meetings - do you know how I can find out more? Thanks.
Tuesday 29 June 2004 10.51am

There was a meeting (ages ago it seems) at the Jerwood Space. I thought there would be more and sooner.

try Sue who runs Bankside Resident's Forum.

sue@banksideresidentsforum.org

or at Southwark...

try...

Graham.Bugler@southwark.gov.uk
Tuesday 29 June 2004 11.03am
Great thanks - I'll contact them.
Tuesday 29 June 2004 11.12am

is that in the groovy apartments with the curvy corner which look out over the railways? If it is I was in one about 6 months ago and the views are fab!
Tuesday 29 June 2004 11.22am
Next door - the even more groovy pink and purple building with beautiful views over the tyre depot!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network