Rubbish!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monkey Magic
Monday 27 May 2002 7.28pm
If Southwark council don't sort themselves out and come and empty my rubbish bins (Leroy Street, in case any of you muppets read this site), I will be phoning up the Pied Piper, as well as your complaints hotline, in order to get rid of the bloody rats.
Sam
Tuesday 28 May 2002 10.16am
Yeah, muppets, come to Long Lane while you're at it.
Tuesday 28 May 2002 1.35pm
Should'nt we campaing for a DAILY baisis? We seem to have less collections now than years ago! I thought with the Millenium we could all do something positive for society - daily refuse collection would be the best thing to take us into the future surely!
Monkey Magic
Wednesday 29 May 2002 8.59pm
to be fair to the guys, having phoned up their complaints line yesterday, they shifted the piles of rubbish the same day, so Mr Piper won't be required on this occasion.
Thursday 30 May 2002 2.20pm
Ah! Bliss - I am about to move from New Road in E1 to Searles Road in SE1 .. At the moment we have our rubbish collected EVERY MORNING at 5.30am including Sundays and Bank holidays ... I am so looking forward to a lie in!
Thursday 30 May 2002 7.16pm
I knew I must be living in the wrong borough. I might not like being wakened at 5.30 a.m but I would welcome clean streets - people around here leave there rubbish outside the shutes because the doors are locked! To stop druggies getting high inside the shute! eg we have loads of rubbish outside all night and in the hot weather I don't think this is healthy. The caretaker does clear it into the shute each morning but they still don't get emptied every day.

Along Great Dover Street/Tower Bridge Road / New Kent Road and Old Kent Road rubbish is always piling up.

I think we ALL should have a daily collection!
helen
Wednesday 5 June 2002 12.23pm
Don't get me started - I am constantly disgusted at the state of the new kent road by the takeaways and shops - builders rubble, rotting chicken bones and overflowing industrial bins - the council should get a bit tougher with these guys More to the point, why don't they, as traders make an effort to keep it clean to encourage customers? grim, grim. grim! Also why is every other shop a bloomin greasy chicken/kebab takeaway?

btw, tony, I'm afraid the searles road boys collect every monday, bank holiday or not (ear plugs should see you right!). Also we have a problem with some individual who regularly opens an unoffical bring and buy stall in the entrance to the road, and leaves all sorts of furniture, carpets, etc which we then have to get onto the council about. (Once someone dumped a 4 foot pile of soil in the middle of the road, not nice)

I must admit, tho the council are prompt though, when you call and report it...shame people don't do their own dirty work and organise a special collection (free) in the first place!

aaaahhh, feel better for off-loading all that rubbish...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: