Elephant & Castle Optometrist

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 5 July 2004 3.47pm
I was in the E&C Shopping Centre the other day and noticed the optometrist is gone. He had been there for years (so said his sign) but I don't think he was getting much business. Does anyone know anything more, whether the shop moved or...?
Tuesday 6 July 2004 11.00am
If any one needs theirs eyes tested go to the institute of optometry...best place to go..most fantastic eye test you'll ever get....
Tuesday 6 July 2004 12.00pm
Ah, so she hasn't eloped! Or if she has, she's finding it so boring that she's had to log on...
Tuesday 6 July 2004 10.24pm
Ref the guy in the E&C - he's been ill for some years: big C, sadly. So he's finally gone? Or has he just reverted to one day a week as last year for a spell?
Monday 12 July 2004 10.41am
I think he is gone, that is quite sad. There is a CD store in that space now.
Monday 12 July 2004 10.57am
i found this...

Long-serving optom retires.

112 words
28 November 2003
Optician
English
(c) Copyright 2003. Reed Business Information Limited. All rights reserved.

Optometrist Russell Cropman, who has practised for almost 50 years, will retire tomorrow (Saturday November 29).

Cropman, who established his practice - H S Cropman - in 1965 when the Elephant and Castle shopping centre first opened its doors, has served the south-east London community for nearly 39 years, and it is estimated he has provided eye care for hundreds of thousands of patients.

Aged 72, the optometrist is well known to reps, suppliers and members of the profession.

He was also presented to the Queen some years ago at a Buckingham Palace, and she remarked on his distinctive tie which included an image of a sight test chart.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: