Armed Robbery on Bermondsey St

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 28 May 2002 1.28pm
Anyone hear about the armed robbery at the estate agents on Bermondsey St last week? Apparently a couple of druggies raided Acorn, robbed them all, ran off round the corner, robbed a school girl and then disappeared across Leathermarket Gdns. Funniest is that its usually Estate Agents that rob us!
Tuesday 28 May 2002 5.49pm
Thanks for your support. We did have our wallets, bags and a car stolen. It was quite an experience having a gun fired in the office. Im glad someone out there found it amusing
Tuesday 28 May 2002 6.02pm
It sounds dreadful. I hope no one was hurt.
Wednesday 29 May 2002 9.52am
The Lady Miss Jo Jo, no-one was physicially hurt thankfully, but still abit shaken. I appreciate your comments its just a shame that other people dont share your view.
Wednesday 29 May 2002 10.52am

this is dreadful I have never heard the like of it before in this area, I hope your all o.k?

Oddly enough my daughter uses a hairdressers in Kennington and when she goes there it's all locked up and entry is by electronic lock, because they had been robbed at gunpoint! not once but twice....

I am a pacifist ( sometimes) but I believe in defending yourself, it seems a case of shoot the b*******s before they shoot you!
Wednesday 29 May 2002 11.12am
This is worrying. I'm relieved that no one was hurt and I hope nothing like it happens again.

The first post was a bit insensitive, but I'm giving Jayne the benefit of the doubt: I'm sure she didn't mean to give offence. Estate agent jokes are a fact of life: but, agreed, there's a time and place.

Hope you're all OK now.
Wednesday 29 May 2002 11.19am
I moved into the area 2 weeks ago and for this to happen is frightening. I go to the Bank alot and if it can happen there it can happen anywhere.
Wednesday 29 May 2002 12.48pm
Sam - I appreciate the benefit of the doubt. Thanks. My attempt at humour missed completely. Apologies for those I have offended. My thoughts on Estate Agents can be aired another time.
Joey D
Wednesday 29 May 2002 12.54pm
Acorn, anyone been caught yet?
Saturday 8 June 2002 11.17pm
Thats the problem with being called Acorn in this area.

They were probably new homeowners looking for Acorn Homes.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: