Where can I park on Friday daytime in SE1 please?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 8 July 2004 10.33am
My parents are coming this weekend and (hopefully because they are bringing us so many presents) they "need" to bring a car.

Can anyone suggest somewhere local where they can park for most of the day on Friday, please?

The nearer to Gt Dover St/Trinity St area (and the cheaper), the better.

{I've done a search through old threads but can't find anything relevant}

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 8 July 2004 11.43am
Now if this was the London Borough of Camden it would be easy - their website lets you enter a postcode and it tells you the exact parking restrictions in every street! This being Southwark, that's not possible. I guess the only thing you can do is have a scout around and look at parking restrictions etc. How about buying a book of residents parking visitor permits?
Thursday 8 July 2004 11.45am
Lynton Road - outside the Grange CPZ. Free! 10 minutes walk from Trinity church sq. Or, in ES-speak 'The Lyntons'

I have a friend coming to stay for a few weeks whilst he does a summer work placement. Anybody know what I need to give him to prove his 'residence' here? Thanks!
Thursday 8 July 2004 1.08pm
Thanks all.

(Apparently, because of some reason neither I nor the lady at the Parking Shop knew about, one can't buy visitors' passes/temporary passes in the area where we live.)

I rang the P Shop, and they said that one could get monthly visitor permits (10 per month) and that to do that one would need: (1) proof of your own residence status - they said a utility bill would do; (2) a letter from you, saying that friend X, with license number ZZZ123 would be visiting from ........to....... and that you could then get a temp permit.

You might want to check that the info she gave me also applies to your area of SE1

Thursday 8 July 2004 6.30pm
Top! Thanks
Thursday 8 July 2004 9.25pm
Ivanhoe I enquired of southwark sometime ago about book of visitor parking permits as like you I am in one of a few areas that they are not available. I think that was because we are in one of the original controled parking areas. They were going to introduce visitors parking permits for us in August 2003 (if i remember right) but what ever the date was it has well and truely past but nothing happened. Seems unfair that we are not allowed visitors who drive.
Thursday 8 July 2004 9.30pm

as its you, you can borrow my Tabard Gardens visitors permit for the day. Can be used on some blocks nearby you. Cost: pint of Stowford.
Friday 9 July 2004 10.56am
Thanks Jo. I've sent you a private msg.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: