The Real Greek

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 9 July 2004 11.06am
I see from the news section that the Real Greek has opened up in SE1

I used to go to the one in Hoxton Square, at first the food was fantastic and one of my favourite places to eat in London but they had lots of good press and things seemed to go downhill a bit and the staff seemed a bit up there own arses on the last few visits (last one was over a year ago)

would like reports from anyone who has been to the new one, or the old one if the've been recently.

ta

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 9 July 2004 11.15am by James Hatts.
Saturday 10 July 2004 10.07pm

Went along this afternoon.

NOT hugely impressed I am afraid, the food took ages to arrive, it was of variable quality and the bill was wrong. Oh, and the service was poor - e.g. no-one cleared away any plates after starters and we had to ask time and again for things that didn't arrive.

Early days so, maybe it will improve over the next few weeks. I hope.
Monday 12 July 2004 10.12am
I used to like the one in Hoxton. Where in SE1 is this restaurant?
Monday 12 July 2004 10.20am
It's on the South Bank, at Globe Walk, near the Globe Theatre and Pizza Express .
Monday 12 July 2004 10.48pm
According to the Times City Diary they served 2500 customers on the first day alone.

The chairman of Clapham House, owners of The Real Greek, has also made a rather rash bet:

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,8210-1177635,00.html

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 13 July 2004 11.38am

LOL!! much as i would encourage more winter-streaking in se1 I think they will fail to hit their target (though i am not betting).

They WILL get lots of tourist trade along the walk.

They WILL NOT get much repeat custom if their service doesn't improve.

I suppose it depends upon the studies and projections they must have done on passing trade etc etc..

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: