Refuse Collection

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 10 July 2004 1.35pm
Does anyone know if there is a time limit for when refuse collections can start? Currently the garbage men are collecting the rubbish between 6 - 6:30 am twice a week. This is causing a lot of disturbances in the block I live in, and I have already complained to council one (this has only resulted in the reverse 'beeper' being muted)

I guess that I should be happy that the refuse is being collected at all (even tho lots of it ends up on the floor by the time they have finished), but this is just annoying. I am sure workman wouldn't be allowed to start digging up the road etc.

If anyone could let me know about the time limit thing, I would be thankfull.
Saturday 10 July 2004 7.47pm
Believe me, they would!

when tower bridge road was being re-surfaced for the four thousandth time last year, i was woken at 3am regularly (and i mean regularly, for weeks) and it went on till about five thirty. it's London, you just have to get used to it.
Monday 12 July 2004 8.05am
Try listening to the early morning road sweeper....between 2.30 and 4.30am..every day all down great dover street, new kent road,the roundabout...I phoned about it last year and was told they did not start that early....but I assure you ..they do!
Monday 12 July 2004 9.02am
I'd much rather they were doing it in the early hours than in rush hour

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 12 July 2004 10.23am
it's got to be a compromise, between doing it early and waking you up, or doing it later, and causing traffic chaos.
Thursday 15 July 2004 11.26am
Just be grateful that it is collected. And that some so-and-so hasn't nicked your bin again.
SW
Sunday 18 July 2004 3.52pm
Yes, I have had to complain to Southwark council about this. When I eventually got a reply out of them, they told me that rubbish should not be collected before 7.30am and they would sort it out; surprise surprise it was collected again a few days later at 6.15am!!!!

There have been continual problems with this and deliveries, etc in Shad Thames over the last few years, apparently.

I can let you have the info about who to contact if you like - the more complaints, the better, I would think.
Sunday 18 July 2004 6.43pm
thanks for the replies.... I know that it has to be a comprimise, but often on the way to work, lots of rubbish has not been collected from comercial areas... the area that they drive down is not actually a freeway, so I was just hopefull that they would collect the rubbish from other areas first.

It seems that I have not been the only one complaining, and it appears to have been resolved now, but SW - could you let me have the details that you mentioned in your post, just in case... ( email: glen@snowsfields.com )

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: