Writers Group

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 30 May 2002 11.28am
Hello -

I am an experienced writer looking to form or join a serious writers group for fiction writing. Does anyone know of such a group in or near SE1, preferably on the London Bridge end...or want to join one?

Thanks,
Cate
Thursday 30 May 2002 12.20pm
Sorry I do not know of one, but I am very interested in joining one. Perhaps we could set one up?
Friday 31 May 2002 10.40am
How about contacting Morley College in Waterloo. They may know of something. If not it would also be a good place to advertise if you are trying to set up a writers group.
Tuesday 4 June 2002 11.04pm
Morley is really worth looking at for a whole range of creative stuff. A friend did a creative writing course and found that most others in her group were both very serious and very good. (She was a mum trying to get an evening away from the baby so was a little intimidated.) Many of their courses link in with degree courses at Birkbeck so are of a good standard. Go see, it is a brilliant place to have nearby.
Saturday 8 June 2002 1.14pm
I don't know of one but would be interested in joining one if there was. Also, does anyone know of a book club?
Monkey Magic
Sunday 9 June 2002 9.35am
The excellent City Lit. are running a one week course for would-be writers in July. The course fees are 61 for waged, and 31 for concessions. They really are top-notch institution. You can apply on-line for this course at

http://www.citylit.ac.uk/coursesearch/coursedetail.asp?0XXInspiration%20Or%20Perspration?%20An%20Approach%20To%20Creative%20Writing
Sunday 9 June 2002 2.17pm
Hi Everyone -

I agree with the writer above - beginning writers should go to the classes at City Lit...while they offer a range of classes, their fare looks espcially good for people who have been at it for a few years or less. Morley College - mentioned by someone else on this thread - appears better for those (like me) with more experience or publications; I'm considering taking their Thur eve novel course in the autumn because I don't know how else to find a group of experienced writers I trust for feedback. (Alas, I had to leave a brilliant writer's group behind when I moved to London.)

If you're interested in forming a writing group (or just getting together to talk about writing), please contact me directly at categoethals@yahoo.com.

Best wishes,
Cate
Sunday 9 June 2002 2.21pm
Hi Eleanor -

A neighbor of mine and I would love to start one. We live near Tower Bridge and think that a group of five or six to start would be ideal. Are you interested? Do you know of others who would be? We could have a preliminary meeting to see if we'd be interested in discussing the same books, etc. Shall we begin a separate book club thread? Ideas, please!

Best wishes,
Cate
yaz
Tuesday 11 June 2002 10.32am
Would love to join the book club thread. Let me know if you start one.
Tuesday 11 June 2002 11.23am
sorry, I'm a bit dense and this is a genuine serious question... what do writers clubs do? Having penned a few bits in my time, I'm curious.....
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: