Jubilee Bunting

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 1 June 2002 1.36pm
Southwark is in danger of becoming a laughing stock throughout the world due to some petty official ordering Jubilee bunting to be removed from private houses because it may "offend" ethnic minorities.
I am a so called ethnic minority and what offends me most is daft people trying to dictate what might offend me.
I can think of no better way for usto celebrate the Queen's Jubilee that for as many homes as possible to put up whatever cheerful bunting or other flags as the house occupant can afford without any interfearence from the silly council officials. The Golden Jubilee only comes around once in a lifetime so enjoy ...... God Save the Queen.
Saturday 1 June 2002 5.38pm
Inever knew that David, where can I buy some Bunting so I can upset some petty offical ******ing! sorry no offen meant it just makes me mad these twerps are causing problems where there none...
Tuesday 4 June 2002 12.24am
Having read that I rebelled! I had bought some bunting but have been away since Friday and only came back this evening - I thought - its too late to put it up now but after having read your mesage - late or not - it has gone up (even though I have scaffolding around my windows!) - and because I couldn't get there - I opened a bottle of Champagne and toasted the Queen - even if I have had to drink most of it myself! God Bless Queen Elizabeth! Long may she reign!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: