Guy's Hospital

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 3 June 2002 11.33pm
While I'm on line - here's one I made earlier!

Here is one of my "bees".

Guys Hospital - it has been a building site for the last 30 years. I am sure there are workmen there who served their apprenticeship there and will soon retire from there.

They must have more workmen, students and other staff than they have ever had patients!

They have about seven entrances from Borough High Street alone and building work seems to be going on down all of them!

They must also be the largest hospital in Christendom going from the Borough High Street, Newcomen Street down as far as Weston Street and St Thomas' Street. Then they have property in Crosby Row, Kipling Street, Long Lane and Great Dover Street (The Guys and Kings residential buildings).

They also own the Greenwood Theatre, which I understand they lease to the BBC.

Then they have the cheek to put a barrier across Great Maze Pond - Snowsfields end - and this is a PUBLIC ROAD - their part is from St Thomas Street to about where the zebra crossing crosses the road in Great Maze Pond itself. There are no patients now down one side of that road - its all offices etc

That's all right though because it IS a hospital after all! Never mind the patients! They come last on the list!

On top of that - I bet they will mislay your papers when you go again!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: