Saul Bass

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 19 July 2004 10.43am
Possibly this is too obvious a thread to start but I just thought I'd recommend the Saul Bass exhibition at The Design Museum. I went on Sunday afternoon and of course the work is great. One or two gripes about the quality of the projected stuff being out of focus or a funny colour but apart from that it's fab. Got in cheap too with a two-for-the-price-of-one deal from Time Out.

We then went for pizza at Ask which was pretty good. It was nice to be able to sit outside by the river and not be paying a fortune for the privelage.
Monday 19 July 2004 11.40am
Where is Ask? I spent the evening last night on the riverside as well- it was a delight. A beautiful sunset and seeing Tower Bridge against the city background in the twilight was magic. So close to home and yet 'on holiday'.
Monday 19 July 2004 12.01pm
my thoughts exactly Maurits. Ask is right next to The Design Museum on the Tower Bridge side.
Wednesday 21 July 2004 8.53am
We (Mr D and I) did the same last night - the Saul Bass followed by a pizza from Ask - must have subliminally remembered this post! Bumped into Fabhat and Mr Fabhat at the museum and all went for the pizza together. It's so great to have had that social a few weeks ago and gotten to know people - I really feel part of the place now that I can "bump" in to people I know!

Completely agree about the exhibition - fantastic stuff but some of the film clips are very faded and hard to see properly. There's a great Saul Bass website with many of his clips (QuickTime) -
Wednesday 21 July 2004 10.43am
Tracy, does Mr D know Mrs I?

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 21 July 2004 11.06am
I think they may have met at Maurits' although he arrived quite late (it was the night of some football thing). I did think twice before typing "Mr D" but it's hard to know what to call your partner here:

my husband and I - too posh
real name - nobody would know who I mean
my nickname for him - too rude!

I'll just have to nag him into registering and posting so I can use his username.
Wednesday 21 July 2004 11.14am
I like that form of address. Makes me think of Irene Handl. There's a bit of Tarantino in there as well somewhere.

...if you press it, they will come.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: