Bankside Restaurant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
N
Thursday 6 June 2002 12.53pm
I'm sure I read something about this restaurant on another strand, but can't recall what was said.

I accidentally found it looking for a bridge to park myself on to watch the fireworks and decided to have a meal.

The food was fantastic and very reasonable. In fact, I had a meal in EC1 a couple of days before which was twice the price and not as good. I am fed-up of being ripped-off for wine in restaurants, and prices here are reasonable. Each course has an overall price, e.g. all vegetarian mains are 7, fish/meat mains are 9, all starters are 4 etc, so you know where you are. The choice and standard is high and exceeded my expectation for the pricing structure. There was a sense of attention to detail and a sincere welcome and interest taken in customers. I spoke to the manager and was impressed by his sincere commitment to making good food affordable and inspiring and being responsive to customer feedback.

It's brilliant value. They also use produce from Borough Market. I cannot recommend it enough. Its slightly tucked away, but close enough to walk for us lot complaining about the lack of restaurants in Bermondsey. Its on a street off Southwark Bridge Road, I think Sumner Street. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.
Tuesday 18 June 2002 10.22pm
You may have seen lastminute.com's offer of two courses for 9.50 at Bankside Restaurant in this week's SE1 Direct newsletter, which may be of interest - <a href="http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=31830215&siteid=39644903&bfpage=restaurants">click here</a> and search for Bankside
Sunday 23 June 2002 5.19pm
Bankside restaurant is on sumner street like you say and it is fantastic. Despite being tucked away it does get very very busy and it deserves to be. The menu changes every day which is fantastic.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: