Latin

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 23 July 2004 2.21pm
Anyone been to La Bodeguita in the Elephant? Any good? Come to that, I'm intrigued by all the Latin American stuff going on round that end of town. Has anyone been over there for stuff? There was a thread on here months back about a quest for sauce at Aztec. I must check some of these places out. Has any one else done this already? We seem to live with the "Latin Quarter" on our doorstep with very little mention of it. Intrigued.
Friday 23 July 2004 3.52pm
I've just spent the day with one of my Argentine friends, generally speaking, when we go out we tend to avoid those places, although I've eaten in a few of the South American restaurants in the area, and mostly enjoyed what I've had. I also have the occasional kick-about in Burgess Park with some South American friends. As you say, we live in London's Latin Quarter, so why isn't it reflected in this Forum?
Monday 26 July 2004 3.09pm
si, latinos en SE1
Lot of latin places and events!!
places to eat like El vergel in Lant Street, only midday, delicious chilean and mediterranean cuisine!! tiny place but worthy!!
then peruvian food and night club at london bridge.
latin carnival in a couple of weeks at burgess park, carnival procession begins at elephant and castle.
Don't forget la cubana, a exciting bar and restaurant with latin live music at weekends in waterloo.
Latin spanish school in bermondsey and so on and so forth!!
we are here to stay and contribute to the enjoyment of this melting pot of cultures called london.
adios y buena suerte!!!
Monday 26 July 2004 4.00pm
Hola tito! I shall certainly be in Burgess Park (as usual) I hope to see a few other SE1ers there too.
Monday 2 August 2004 5.00am
Hello everyone, my name is Joel from Massachussets in the US and I am hispanic, dominican to be specific. I always wanted to know if there were a lot of latinos in london. I see now that there are a lot of us there. Can anyone tell me how it is for latinos there? Any big concerns.
A bit about me. I have lived in the US for most of my life, I am a US soldier and never have been to London. I am planning to visit London for the first time this Sept coming up for a few days, can anyone point in the direction to go to visit latin places and things to do. Thanks much.

Joel Gomez
Massachussets, USA

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: