Where are the loudest foxes in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 26 July 2004 4.47pm
I love urban foxes, but they can be a tad noisy of an evening (usually around 5am, just outside my flat window). But do others have the same furry neighbours ? and where are the loudest ones?

There is a fox 'family' (I am sure there is a technical collective noun I cannot remember here) in Gloucester Court (just off Swan Street) which can really yelp and shriek. But I have also heard them by Borough High St and Tabard St. ?????

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 1 August 2004 12.13pm by James Hatts.
Monday 26 July 2004 5.41pm
Myself and Blake (or was it Bloke?) were travelling down Harper Road in the early hours several years ago, when we spotted a fox stood on a pedestrian crossing with a string of sausages in its mouth - a wonderful sight. At my last address, Mina Road, we had a family of foxes living on the shed roof, very, very noisy.
Leash, lead and skulk are allcollective nouns for foxes.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 26 July 2004 5.44pm by Tharg, drinker of Pervy.
Tuesday 27 July 2004 8.54am
We get one or two quite often (Falmouth Rd).

I don't know how to say this in a way that won't offend sensitive Southbankside eyes, but I think they're noisiest when they're in twos

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 27 July 2004 10.13am
They sound like hell with a wailing and a gnashing of teeth. They are rivalled on my estate by two fat toms who have a banshee-like stand-off every now and then. The sound like babies. Or devils. I love them all.
Tuesday 27 July 2004 10.49am
A leash is three foxes. Hence, 'the Hunt killed a leash of foxes today'.
Tuesday 27 July 2004 12.13pm
What? On Harper Road? I thought I heard the sound of horns in the night (as they say).

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 27 July 2004 1.04pm
Ivanhoe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We get one or two quite often (Falmouth Rd).
>
> I don't know how to say this in a way that won't
> offend sensitive Southbankside eyes, but I think
> they're noisiest when they're in twos
>
> ...if you press it, they will come

Apparently, hedgehogs are too.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_625646.html?menu=target=_blank
Tuesday 27 July 2004 1.40pm
There's a gorgeous urban vixen [I've already christened her Vixi - but I am under severe medication] who sleeps in our common garden in the apartment block where I live on Leather Market Street. She's really quite unafriad of me, but seems to scuttle off whenever a group of people apprear. Listening to her and her mate either shagging or fighting [it all soudns the same at 5-30am] used to wake me up thinking that a gruesome murder was taking place. I'm used to it now.

Amazing creatures.

So. In answer to your original thread question, RB, I would nominate Vixi from Leather Market St.
Tuesday 27 July 2004 1.56pm
I only noticed two foxes in Nelson Square the other night, never seen any here before. (Makes it worth while to go to the balcony for a fag). These two were not noisy at all, but I enjoyed watching them sniffing around most of the square, and eventually disappear towards Blackfriars Road. So I can't nominate these two foxes at all.

Drunk people returning from clubs and bars are still the loudest thing around here at night, especially when a couple are having a domestic, like the other night.
Tuesday 27 July 2004 2.38pm
>> Vixi sleeps in our common garden in the apartment block

'kennels' would be a better word than 'sleeps - if she is on the surface & not in a hole.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: